Matoran Ideas [Characters][Art]

I feel like the majority of Matoran on this island will end up female, eventually :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Balance it with some male Nahoans. Kotu, Okoth, and Kai. A trio of Nahoan performers (water stunts/circus). We gotta get some culture eventually.

4 Likes

I like the idea of Okoth and Kai being preformers but i had a different idea for Kotu. He could be an inventor and a friendly rival to Nuparu. At first he would be the one to care the most about selling his inventions for a very high price but would later be “redeemed” by Nuparu, who would care the most about creating inventions that could change the world and everiday life. After being abandoned by her family and the Tiroans, Nuparu would change most of her armor to orange to better fit into the desert area where she would work for the gangs and hunters, supplying them with weapons, vahi and low-grade boxors for a certain price and would work under a codename _____. It would be Kotu’s turn to “redeem” her at the end.

There are still things that would need to be added like her codename, why Kotu would be worried about her, why and how would he redeem her, where would they go after and how important would their inventions be later down the line.

4 Likes

Her codename could be Mavrah?

1 Like

Mavrah is more obsessed with Rahi and rogue robots, given his occupation as a scientist and his inquisitive nature.

1 Like

So would Mavrah be his own character?

1 Like

Most likely. I think maybe he could act as a semi-mentor to Nuparu, helping her with some fine-tuning with her inventions. I think he would probably be one of Bingzak’s more radical students, attempting to make Rahi the more dominant beings on Artakha.

1 Like

That could be interesting. However, I don’t feel like he’s necessary as his own character, seeing as we’ve already incorporated most of his G1 character into Nuparu.

1 Like

I’d disagree. While they are similar characters, Nuparu and Mavrah have big differences. The one similarity they have is their interest in robotics, but for different reasons.

Nuparu is an inventor, while Mavrah wants to liberate robots and fight for their “rights.”

Nuparu has no interest in Rahi, while Mavrah is obsessed with them, even more so than robots.

Nuparu still values her fellow Matoran and is willing to do her part in keeping people safe. Mavrah is willing to let Matoran die just to further his studies.

1 Like

I really like these ideas but when would she meet mavrah? I think it could work better if they met after her departure and it could also be one of the reasons for kotu to find her and get her away from mavrah.

1 Like

That could work.

Another idea is if Nuparu meets Mavrah earlier on, and her relationship with him is the reason she is cast out. Kotu would then leave against the community’s wishes to try and bring her back and away from Mavrah’s influence.

1 Like

I like this.

1 Like

@Noupix: I feel that Nuparu should be a topic all on her own.

@Bokarda indeed. Also, what mask should Mavrah have?

The wiki says he has a Pakari.

hmm. can we change it to akaku since nuparu already has a pakari and that could make them too similar?

And, an Akaku looks almost more techy and everything, with the scope. Maybe, we can give NUPARU the Akaku and give Mavrah the Pakari.

1 Like

i’m not too fond of this since mavrah is more of a scientist than an inventor and nuparu wouldn’t need a scope. also, the orange pakari is a must have for nuparu in my opinion.

1 Like

Ehh, I’m just not feeling the concept of Mavrah. TTV seem to want the story to focus around the Toa mainly, and Mavrah seems to be too much of am unneeded tangent into Nuparu’s backstory. I think it’s just simpler to incorporate him into her character.
(By the way, I’m going to be away for a week, so you guys can keep up this discussion, and I’ll resume when I get back.)

1 Like

I’ve always thought of this as more of a background element rather than a foreground element. Mainly something mentioned or eluded to in passing.

Have a nice trip!