Matoran Ideas [Characters][Art]

You really need to tell me how you made them. I want to try too!

1 Like

I wasn’t a big fan of Var’s color scheme for ihuans so I tried how grey would look on them, but to be honest, i really like the first one now.

Also, which of these nahoan color schemes would work the best with the guards?

First I draw them by hand on paper > take a photo > outline it with black in sketch > color it. All of them were drawn on an LG Spirit, using an app called sketch.

Here are the named ihuans

6 Likes

Thank you very much. And all of them are cool.

1 Like

Regarding Ihuan colors: I personally like 3 the best, although I’m not too good with color choices. That’s why my default for ice was white and grey.

Regarding Naho colors: I’m stuck between 1 and 2. 1 seems more appropriate for a tribe living by the sea, but 2 has vibrancy in it.

Personally, I like 1 or 3 for the Ihuans, and 2 or 1 for the Nahoans.

1 Like

Don’t forget that orange can be incorporated into the Naho design, to some extent. Ven had a bit on the guards, so it wouldn’t be limited to the special Matoran.

3 Likes

Kanae batch finished.

"what is this? The third time this week? What’s your excuse this time Vizuna? Go on, I have all day and I love your acting (laughs)."his personality could be a bit like Levi from attack on titan.no ideas for her

[quote=“UltimateMustacheX, post:107, topic:38103”]
Don’t forget that orange can be incorporated into the Naho design, to some extent.
[/quote]

too much right?

6 Likes

Out of the colors you chose for the Ihuans, I like the one you went with the best. I would like to see one with aqua if you are willing though.

Out of the colors you chose for the Nahoans, I personally like the first one the best.

Edit: I think the Kanae batch looks perfect. What color greens are those?

It actually looks quite good.

2 Likes

Kanae Batch: 1 could be Kongu (captain of the Gukko Force), 2 could be Piruk (leader of the Scout Division), 3 could be Tamaru (flight path navigator, Air Control leader).

Naho Color Scheme: I love it!

1 Like

I’d say you could even make the light blue shoulder (not the armor side) orange too. It seems a bit bottom heavy at the moment.

1 Like

Nice Work! These look amazing!
Of the Kanae, I think the first should be Boreas (Pilot of the Gukko defense force), the second be Tamaru (Way-finder and Air traffic controller), and the third be… Spinner, a Disk maker and Ignalu champ for now, but I have some “Plans” for her…

~Levva

1 Like

I think Kongu should be the 1st one, since that would not only give him an actual character, but it could also save the name Boreas for another character in the future. Plus, the 1st already has the “leader” shoulder pauldron.

1 Like

Yes, but the first character wears a Hau. Kongu has always felt like a Miru person to me.

1 Like

That’s true, but we don’t necessarily adhere to the exact specifications of G1. Retaining the essence of the characters and translating them well into G3 is what’s important. Besides, the design of the mask can be changed whenever. Some Matoran might own more than one mask (not sure if they would, but that’s also how G1 worked).

I know I am late to this post but…
@Runa

…well.

I knew it sounded kinda feminine, but wasn’t expecting…this. Huh.

2 Likes

Are other people allowed to post concept art here?

1 Like

Go for it :slight_smile:!

Thanks for the motivation! :smile: Oh look who it is!

Its Maku yayy

~Levva

3 Likes

Hmm…
Where should I begin?
Well…let’s just start with the mangaians

I finally finished the new huna design and it might just be one of my favorite g3 masks.I gave her this name because I felt that a quote from a g1 counterpart was perfect for a guard. Also, that scar would be from the vako “invasion” on ihu when she would be deffending three young ihuans (please fix this a bit).I just liked the name.

Now to the nahoins(?)

It’s a madeup name but it sounded nahoin enough so I kept it.My version of macku with the new huna.

Now to the names of the kanaeans

I really liked the idea of him being kongu from the start but I would like to save Piruk and Tamaru for the future.If Kanaeans still worship lewa, than this name shouldn’t be a problem.I changed her name from spinner to spinna because I’m begining to hate that word because of those fidget spinners (plus because i think that it sounds better).

7 Likes