Matoran types

Excluding Av, Shadow, Ta, Ga, Po, Le, Ko and Onu matoran, what other types of matoran are there?

Why, the hero factory citizens are a type of matoran! :slight_smile: jk

3 Likes

Except that they aren’t.
Complete canonical list of G1 Elements for Matoran are as follows:

Fire (Ta)
Water (Ga)
Earth (Onu)
Air (Le)
Stone (Po)
Ice (Ko)
Lightning (Vo)
Magnetism (Fa)
Gravity (Ba)
Plantlife (Bo)
Plasma (Su)
Sonics (De)
Iron (Fe)
Psionics (Ce)
Light (Av)
Shadow (No official prefix, since they don’t see themselves as a tribe, but the fanbase usually just refers to them as Kra)

Their associated colors can all be found over on BS01.

7 Likes

Thank you, this helped a lot.

1 Like

See, y’know…

Yeah, they are. :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, they aren’t Matoran, lol. Even though Timageness covered this pretty well, I thought that I’d add that we never saw Bo-Matoran or Su-Matoran named in official canon; they were, however, referenced in absentia extensively in the later years.

-Azani

3 Likes

When did Matoran types beyond the main six start appearing in Bionicle media?

I don’t know

I call them Ma-Matorans or Te-Matorans, so…

Just out of curiosity why do you call them that?

the prefix are usually the start of the name of the main toa of the tribes, and I alwayd saw makuta as the “”" toa""" lf the shadows, so Makuta - Matoran & Teridax - Matoran

1 Like

We start seeing the first references in 2004 with Vakama’s vision of Krakua, and the first actual examples in either 2007 or 2008 in some of the story serials on that old bioniclestory.com. :stuck_out_tongue:

…So I guess that you’re the only one who does that?

Ahhhh I started to call them kra (krahkaan) matoran because of the av in Av matoran is the first 2 letters of Avohkii, but I’m sure everyone thought of that already.

1 Like

huh, makes sense

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I only included that specific prefix.
BS01 made it seem like it was the most popular choice.