Maxilos

Felt like doing Bionicle stuff again. Chose Maxilos because A. I love his design and 2. 2007 is one of my favourite years, and not just for Bionicle. I decided to have some fun with his proportions, making him a mix of K2-S0 and the first Angel from Evangelion (so in other words, yes, he looks kinda weird on purpose). I also learned that mini guns are hard to draw.

52 Likes

This is just fantastic.
Evangelion+bionicle+star wars+ an awesome artist=perfection.
I love this style, you should use it more often!

5 Likes

Thank you to everything, this in particular

1 Like

Looks really nice overall, but the legs seem too thin…

1 Like

I’m fairly certain it’s a stylistic choice.

Great job! The subtle black shadows here and there really pop. I quite like how you’ve interpreted the blade (never realized just how big it was).

1 Like

@Toa_Radrix Yep, Legomaster is right

1 Like

Looks like a really cool cross between Bionicle and… I dunno, “General Grevious” sticks out to me for some reason. Anyways, I love this! The sword looks amazing, and the Vezon heads are pretty well translated.

1 Like

Wow, I love this. That sword looks great, everything looks great. I guess the only gripe I have is that the minion could be a little larger to match the sword, but that’s it.

1 Like

So crisp and clean, extremely well done! The style in particular is very pleasing!

Out of curiosity, what pens did you use for this?

1 Like

Thank you! I used a fine point Faber Castel and a 0.5 (I think? The number rubbed off) micron

1 Like

Digging how you adapted the shoulder pauldrons. Recognizable shape/details without being an exact duplicate.

2 Likes

What about spinrax, or whatever his little demon dog is? You could do something quite comical with it!

1 Like

I love the style, cool interpretation of the vezon head shoulder pads

1 Like

I actually thought about Spinrax, but I didn’t have the space. Maybe if I do a digital version

1 Like

I want… no, NEED a bionicle TV show in this art style

1 Like