Mech Monday: Zane Mech

I am making vehicles for all the ninja in the color scheme of their movie vehicles, and since Zane was one of two ninja that didn’t receive a mech, so I figured it would be appropriate to give him one. Unfortunately, I do not have the LNM Zane at this time. otherwise I would have him piloting the mech.

The cockpit:

What do you think?

34 Likes

The limbs look really nice

2 Likes

The joints in the hips look a little odd. Try angling them out instead of down?

1 Like

I’ll work on that.

1 Like

Legs from the waist down need to be overhauled, awkward hips, no visual separation at the knees, and they’re too small.
The arms are a bit small as well tbh.

Also it, Idk, doesn’t really work visually? It doesn’t quite say Ninjago to me? Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Looks, awesome it kind of reminds me of the Atlas Titan from Titanfall 1

1 Like

The legs look a little odd but the rest of it looks pretty good.

2 Likes

Pretty Sweet!

1 Like

@Payinku I am working o the legs and the hips. What would you suggest for making it more “ninjago like”?

The Ninjago mechs take inspiration from Asian armor, quite a few take inspiration from the armor of the samurai, the salvage mech is loosely based on kendo gear. I believe the titanium mech takes inspiration from the traditional clothing of a samurai.
Currently it looks like the Gundam-esque exo-force mechs.

2 Likes

You could add some flags and it might do the trick.

1 Like

It looks very sleek

1 Like

@Stuubh @Payinku @AdamusTheFirst here are some updates:

I changed the upper legs, which provided more mobility for the knees. Also, I changed the hips so it looks less awkward. That change allowed me to add armor as well. Hope you like the changes!

5 Likes