Mesonak, The Shadow Lord

You know, if you’re up to it, it would be really cool to see multiple alternate versions of Mesonak progressing from a dominantly skeletal being to a full-armored gold being. Meso’s Backstory for him makes me think a lot about the different forms and traits he had taken on, and I could totally see that working with your design.

@Mesonak That’s a pretty rad backstory, by the way! I would hope the Time-Travelling Muaka seems it as canon.

-Oonie

1 Like

@Mesonak: Here’s the concepts/roughwork I did; the one in the middle I was almost going to go with, but left in favor for the one I did since I decided to do a full body sketch =p

@Oonie: possibly. I like the idea, but that would be a lot of work involved. This drawing took me about 14 hours total from first sketch to the last adjustment =P

–Akaku: Master of Flight

3 Likes

Spooky Scary Mesonak…

1 Like

a part of art is practice right?

ok that confirms it, he gave a like

1 Like

@Bloodarchmage: I would argue that it’s nearly entirely about practice! =P

Sure, art runs strongly in my family, but I think the only reason why I picked it up so easily was because it was encouraged from a young age. Getting to the point where I am today certainly didn’t happen overnight, and I still have a ways to go before I’d consider myself anywhere close to being a professional.

Simply having talent wont get me any closer to that then I am now; how little I’ve improved when at one point I had mostly dropped art for gaming is good proof of that. Taking more life drawing classes though or even just simply sketching more on the other hand of things, definitely improves my work. And all that is practice =)

Like I’ve said before Ak, you’ve out-did yourself this time!

The Armor, the colours, THAT DANG SKULL!

2 Likes

Are you thinking of doing the other cast members?

1 Like

@Zahaki: Thanks mate! Definitely happy with how the skull turned out myself =)

@Psychic: Perhaps! Like being asked about doing pics of the mod squad though, I would need descriptions or reference pics (be it mocs or other drawings of them) of each member’s character to get started.

I know there’s already a ton of mocs and fan art of them out there, but I like to try and draw people’s OC’s as close as I can in my style to how they envision their character, so I would prefer to hear from the members themselves how exactly they want their characters to look like. Assuming they would even be interested in having my art in the first place, anyways =P