Meso's AMA

With that in mind, which Rahi set do you think pulled off a fantastic function while looking like the animal it was supposed to represent.

That’s probably a question for Eljay, but I’ll ask you :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d probably go with Manas, even if they did cheat a little with remote controls. That’s just such a radically different set from anything else we ever got.

-Mesonak

1 Like

Is this a holdover from your BZP days? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. It’s literally just a force of habit. XD

-Mesonak

2 Likes

So I’m just sitting at the airport waiting for my flight… bored2tears. Ask me questions por favor, it’d mean so much ;-;

-Mesonak

5 Likes

Where are you going to?

How’s life ‘n’ such?

1. Favorite characters from G1 and G2?
  2. Favorite Spartan armor?
  3. Favorite CCBS piece?

BrickFair Virginia :stuck_out_tongue:

Good n such. Bored to tears but this airport is nice.

My favorite characters… hm. Interesting question. I’ve never really given that much thought, to tell you the truth. I’d be lying if I said there were any standouts characters from G1 that I really gravitated to personality-wise. I can tell you that I really liked the relationship between Axonn and Brutaka, and Brutaka’s skeptic personality made for some interesting dynamics between the two. I really like Zaktan as a character; same with Krika. Teridax is a very effective villain, and I’m inclined to place him high on my list by sole virtue of being such an imposing and frightening adversary, but his meticulous planning and convoluted schemes bordered on ridiculous at times, so it takes me out of his character just a little bit. The Inika were also really cool characters.

My favorite Spartan armor? Reach Security shoulders and whichever chest armor had the grenades on the belt 4 lyfe.

My favorite CCBS piece is probably that grey 3x1 liftarm with the ball joint in the middle. That thing is one of the most useful pieces ever made, and was a great transition piece between the technic system and the CCBS style.

-Mesonak

3 Likes

Would you like Hero Factory to come back? XD

1. How’re you in the airport by yourself if you’re always 12? :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. Best villain of all time?
  3. What’d you think of Star Wars?
  4. MARTHA?

Rock, paper, or scissors?

1 Like

… That’s a very loaded question. Thank you, I can work with this.

TLDR; Yes and no.

So, HF is a weird theme for me in that I feel it had a lot of untapped potential. Like… a ton. Some of the others in the group disagree, but HF as a concept had more potential than I feel BIONICLE did, at least as far as being a long-running and successful Lego theme is concerned.

The scope was limitless, the range of possibilities almost incomprehensible. HF was setup in such a way that you could have any kind of conflict anywhere in the galaxy, under any set of circumstances, and the Heroes could be equipped with new gadgets and gear (AKA new Lego sets) to go and fight whatever threat they’re up against. You could literally do anything within the universe and you wouldn’t have to jump through hoops to explain it. You want to fight Fire Villains? Cool, give the Heroes Water/Ice weapons and send them off to fight the threat. Maybe there’s villains in the sky so the Heroes have to be equipped with wings/gliders/jetpacks, or maybe there’s an evil threat underground and they have to be given mining gear. Underwater, Frozen landscapes, Outer space, the Desert, the Jungle, etc.

HF may not have had as good of a storyline as BIONICLE did, but as a Lego theme? It had a ton of possibilities that were never capitalized on in any way, shape or form. HF failed for many of the reasons that G2 probably did; a poor storyline, a severe lack of marketing, and some management decisions that were questionable at best. HF’s greatest shot at making a name for itself came in the form of Hero Recon Team, which allowed you to design and order your own models alongside custom printed instructions, a unique box design, and exclusive pieces. Unfortunately, I guess it never caught on, because the program was suspended pretty quickly.

Could HF make a return? Not as it was for the majority of its life, no. It failed for a reason, and I don’t think it left behind enough of a nostalgia base to carry it forward. It would need to reinvent itself ot succeed again, and I think it could do that if it adopted the design philosophies of Invasion from Below and returned as a mech-based constraction theme with minifigures. Basically Exo Force 2.0, and at that point, you may as well just bring back Exo Force. That being said, I think HF, if handled properly, could have more staying power than an Exo Force reboot.

Ha ha, very funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best villain of all time is obviously Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor. Truly a legacy for the ages. In all seriousness, probably Wilson Fisk from the Daredevil Netflix series.

I really liked Star Wars! I’d be lying if I said I went crazy over it, but it’s a very well told story with memorable characters and exciting landscapse. And how could I not love the prequel trilogy? Masterfully told stories with interesting and well developed characters, and-hahaha i can’t keep going with that

No. No Martha. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rock.

-Mesonak

5 Likes
  1. Is your drill the drill that will pierce the heavens?
  2. If you could have a Titan set in one color, what would that color be?
  3. Are you still the dude of dudes?
2 Likes

Are you bringing your Skrall Shields, so they can be Skrall Shields in the clouds?
In all seriousness, on a scale of 6 to 83.9, how hyped are you?
6 is not hyped at all, and 89.3 is infinitely hyped.

Have you had any luck with Pokemon Go since the update?

Do you think constraction will continue or is the whole shabang gonna be canceled?

Are you going to run for the presidential electon in 2020? /s

Would you want the next constraction line to be completely themed around skeletons?

1 Like

Do you like the idea of bionicle existing as a system theme, but with high quality ultrabuild sets as well?

Hey Meso, in a fight who will Kulta the Skull Grinder or The T.T.M.?

Thoughts on this picture?