Metroid Series

I was watching the Nintendo World Championships on a live-stream, and when I tuned in they were playing this FPS soccer game with a huge ball. I noticed that the screen layout and the hud with the gun was pretty similar to Metroid.
‘It would be pretty funny’ I thought to myself ‘if this was somehow the next Metroid.’
Come E3… …

I was disappointed by Federation Force, a bit, but it’s waaay better than nothing.
There hasn’t been a Metroid Game for six years(!!).

On the other hand, who has heard that Nintendo has been in negotiations with MercurySteam (Castlevania: Lords of Shadow) to create a prototype game for the Wii U?

Anyone else liked Fusion the most?

no?

…okay

No, Prime 3 was 8 years ago.

Other M was in 09…

(My sincere apologies if I’m playing out Poe’s law)

Fusion was my Favourite GBA game back in the day, so awesome, thought Metroid :zero mission is pretty much on par with it.

He said “Metroid” game.

Also, that was 2010, skrub.

1 Like

Oh…
Okay

What’s it gonna take for those scrubs at Nintendo to release zero mission in the US of A?

Uhm…what?

It’s been out in America…for…like…11 years.

1 Like

metroid prime 4 is not in development

the only thing we can hope for is a 2d game from retro for the wii U. they made 2 great 2D DK games maybe they are going to make a 2d metroid now.

I really want metroid 5 and prime 4 but we aren’t going to see that until like 2018

it’s has been 8 years since the last good game. 11 since the last 2d game, we need a new game.

also can the metroid fanbase please just not be dumb and vote for 1 charracter for smash. NO ridley is not going to be in. and seeing as Sylux is a charracter that still has a future that makes him the best choice.

Never played a single one, but super metroid always looked fun.

3 Likes

If you don’t have any access to the legit physical copy, you can always get it through an emulator.
Metroid is gr8, you must play it.

3 Likes

So my copy of metroid prime hunters came in and to me right now its just a 7.5 and that’s mostly just because of a limitation of the system it was made on and not a fault on the game it’s self. Also because of its relative brevity as I’m already 18% through the single player despite only playing it for a bit(additionally the fact I have found no suit upgrades besides the typical missile expansions and E-tanks concerns me). The control scheme is similar to KI:Uprising (a game I highly recommend to anyone with a 3DS, @John_Smith that means you) although much more crude so if you played that it should be familiar to you. All in all if you have some spare cash I suggest picking it up as it is relatively cheap, I picked mine up for 10 bucks including shipping on amazon. This is of course my first impression and will most likely do a formal review once I’m done with the game

1 Like

There is no hope is there…

2 Likes

…I actually think Federation Force is not gonna be a bad game.

Federation force may be a perfectly fine game, but it definitely is not the metroid game I’ve waited however many years for

3 Likes

I agree. Let’s flashback to the Gamecube era, shall we?

“We will not support an FPS Metroid! What is this, Halo!?”
“Chibi Zelda? Oh my gosh, Nintendo’s dead.”

Early Comments on some of the best remembered Gamecube games. I have plenty of salt for my popcorn from Federation Force.

1 Like

Happy 30th, Metroid. At least AM2R is a thing now. (and federation force doesn’t look that bad)

1 Like

I’d like Federation Force if it wasn’t a Metroid game.
It’s not that it doesn’t have Samus, it’s that it doesn’t seem to bring about the expansiveness and exploration of past titles like Super and Prime.

3 Likes

If FF was a Wii U title it could have been great but no they decided that it would be a good idea to put it on 3ds.

they chose the chibi artstyle because of the 3ds’s small screen.

1 Like