Metroid Series

if you have the time this is an interesting watch. It may have changed my opinion of the story completly

1 Like

I just now finished my first play through of mp2.

I absolutely love this series and find that the prime games are my favorite,( though this may change when I play some of the 2d games)

I played Super metroid on nintendo switch online for a while a few months ago. I want to finish the game, but itā€™s been so long that Iā€™m worried that Iā€™ll forget where everything is and what I have to do.

2 Likes

I started playing and Iā€™m lost.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the point.

Yeah, it can be a confusing game at times. Although admittedly, I use the rewind function, safe states, and guides way too often. Even still, itā€™s a fun game, but I feel like itā€™s the kind of game where exploration and trial and error is supposed to be part of the enjoyment.

Where are you in the game now?

If you donā€™t mind getting hints and potential spoilers, there are plenty of walkthroughs online.

2 Likes

To be real with you, Iā€™m not sure. What Iā€™m probably going to do is start a new save file. I wasnā€™t too far along in it anyway.

1 Like

What was the most recent Item you collected? That should be pretty much all that is needed for us to know the next step. You can look at the Item Screen if you donā€™t remember.

Otherwise, shouldnā€™t be too hard to get back to where you where, itā€™s not that big of a game. Still one of my favourites though.

2 Likes

I just got back into the flow of things, so I donā€™t need any help. Thank you though!

Also, have any of you seen this?

2 Likes

Alrighty, I hope you enjoy!

Yup. I really like it, and would be glad if Lego made sets for more nintendo IPs (minifigure based sets, not like lego mario)

1 Like

Nice to hear it, have fun! Super Metroid is one of my all time favourites so Iā€™m always down talking about it :rofl:

That Gunship is looking sick as well.

3 Likes

yeah, Iā€™ve seen it and must I say Iā€™m really happy itā€™s got the mp3 gunship design as an alternate model.

This has an insane amount of care and detail, Iā€™m going to be actually upset if it doesnā€™t get approved. I wonā€™t be surprised, though.

2 Likes

Well, I finished Super Metroid last night. Iā€™ve never played a game like it before, but I really enjoyed it, despite it being quite difficult at times. and I hope to play Metroid Fusion some time in the future!

EDIT: and yes I saved the animals I DONā€™T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, MATPAT

2 Likes

Nice to hear, just donā€™t go in expecting it to be more of the same.
Itā€™s a good game in its own right but definitely not the same experience.

2 Likes

bing Bada boom I resurrect this topic from its doom

Just like I revived this topic
Nintendo revived Metroid dread
October 8th letā€™s goooooo

7 Likes

yesyesyesyesyesyes

1 Like

after all these years metroid can finnally crawl.

1 Like

2D metroid on Switch

Proof?

My hopes and dreams.

Canā€™t believe I never found this topic, but Super Metroid is my jam. IMO the majority of Metroid games are mediocre, and Dread might fall into that same rutā€¦ But itā€™s back.

Itā€™s back, baybee.

Welcome home, Samus. You left our lives, but not our hearts.

3 Likes

so to those who donā€™t know, Metroid Dread would apparently be set after the events of Metroid Fusion, meaning that the blue suit we see Samus in would be the old Fusion suit but with an updated design:

however, there is something else in the trailer that made me think of something from Metroid 2: Samus Returns.

also, is it just me, or does the sound from the main enemy robots we see in the trailer, sound like bird chirpingā€¦

4 Likes