Minecraft

They said in a livestream that they did the Nether update because it was the top of the old forums for a long time. The cave update only started being pushed recently.

The Nether has needed something like this for a long time. In some ways I think they went above and beyond. The new wood looks amazing and the blue fire does too. Also, it’s nice to have a real reason to go there now. (I’m not counting blazes because I don’t do much with potions.)

3 Likes

The Piglins in the new snapshot look really cool. I can see Piglin trading hall tutorials coming.

1 Like

This picture turned out quite nicely.

6 Likes

What texture pack is that?

It’s Multipixel. It’s a Bedrock texture pack though.

Dang it

1 Like

I found some pretty strange glitched snow when exploring today…

4 Likes

You guys should check out this new snapshot if you haven’t already.

1 Like

I just got my hands on the Nether Beta, and oh wow it is awesome.

6 Likes

Just recently, Mojang gave Minecraft a new update where the Nether was expanded. It’s taking some getting used to, with the Nether being so different. But there are a couple questions I have:

1.) Are Nether Fortresses still a thing? They’d better be, if players are to get to the End…
2.) What about Iron Golems? Last night I tried to spawn one by building the iron block “T” shape and placing a Jack-O-Lantern on top. But it didn’t work. Was that feature removed?

Those are the only questions I have right now, though I may yet discover some new issues soon.

1 Like

I’m not sure I can say for certain, but there’s an easy way to check.

1. use the /locate command to try and find a Nether Fortress. If there’s no option for it, it’s gone.

2. Try a regular pumpkin, if that does work, check to see if they’ve changed the recipe, and if the they haven’t, there’s your answer. Barring a bug.

1 Like

Nether Fortresses definitely still exist. I’ve managed to find two so far.

6 Likes

I’ve sometimes had issues with this too, but it should still work. Make sure there aren’t any other blocks within 3 x 3 you’re building the golem it, as I believe those will prevent it from spawing.

2 Likes

You need to shear the pumpkin now to carve it, and it will only spawn if the pumpkin is carved

1 Like

Remember when some of this stuff was mods?

1 Like

The Axolotl is the best part of this update

4 Likes

Caves & Cliffs Part 1 comes out today!

6 Likes

I’m both excited and terrified, terrified as chances are one feature will end up being a nuisance like Phantoms. I’m really really hoping C418 does atleast some of the music and sound design for the update.

Excited as I’m going to world edit a giant mountain when the update hits my server thus I’ll have the tallest mountain mwuahhaha!

4 Likes