Mirror-verse Makuta the Mask Maker

Amazing MOC But one question. Where did you get the chest-peice?

It’s from the Voltix set (Poor Voltix gets no love, nobody remembers him having it)

Holy moly that is awesome^^
Can you tell me what set his chest piece is from, and also where did you get that chest plate print?

As for the print it was somewhere in the JtO Makuta thread here on this site, credit to that person.

I’m a little bit ambivalent about your sans-trans interpretation of Makuta, as well as the upper chest armor; it didn’t look too good on Ekimu 2016, and it doesn’t look tons better here. That said, the chest decal is a fantastic touch, the Breakout torso plate fits perfectly, and your photography is very high-quality. Some people have tried to make Tahu or Lewa revamps with that plate, and it struggles to really fit, because they traditionally lack that bulky piston look that Makuta embodies.

Wow, its nice seeing my decal print being used on somebody’s moc. Nice job on the moc, dude. I really like that hammer; so much bulk and presence. It captures the strength and regality of the character. He still has that ambition, but it didn’t have the chance to consume him.

And I’m grateful someone made a print of that in the first place =D

1 Like

I actually made my own Mask Maker powered up version of Makuta. I’ve been working on it for a while, but only got around to finishing details and uploading it now. I’d like see your opinions on it. Makuta, The Mask Forger

This is awesome.

This is really cool. I like that chest print.

Have you tried putting the chest piece on regular Makuta like in JtO?

This is a great moc! I love the dark vulture counterpart to Ekimu’s falcon. I also really like the huge war hammer. How did you make it?
1000/10

He sorely lacks the trans-purple he needs. HOWEVER, I do quite like the MOC and its simple but well-made CCBS design.

2 Likes

As for @Hazash 's question, not yet, but I’ll check it out when I can.

1 Like

All the purple parts into transpurple and you have my seal of approval! :slight_smile:

The only problem is that there is no trans-purple chestplate.

Omg that’s neat! What is the name/number of that piece used to put the horns on the Makuta bird’s head? I might be just the piece I’m missing for some mocs of my own!

Skull Basher has those pieces the so called “doom spikes”

@YK97 I already said it, I wanted to give proper contrast between the brothers, plus trans purple parts are stupidly expensive.

One 4081 Modified 1x1 Plate with Clip Ring along with two 85861 1x1 Round Plate with Open Stud from the look of it.

@Xephix Outside of the Skeleton Rib Cage, unfortunately no.

looks nice, and i like the bird. Although with the colors i can only guess that he is the “Toa of Shadows”. Would like to see other Mirror verse figures, unless there are more which i am not aware of.

I personally haven’t made any other aside from this Makuta, but maybe other people have built their own mirror versions of the Toa/Ekimu/Protectors.

1 Like