Miua, Toa of Water.

Hello again. I don’t post here much as I prefer Flickr, but I wanted to get some feedback on this MOC.

If you’d like more photos and full information on the MOC you can check out the Flickr album for her right here https://www.flickr.com/photos/144949303@N02/albums/72157685305284274

I’d like as much c&c as you can give me, but I hope you like her as much as I do.

EDIT 8/23/17. Many of you have asked, so I’ll add it here. The feet are from the Ski throwbot and Ice slizer sets.

80 Likes

I really like the moc. The only thing I would say is that the black chest piece doesn’t really fit. I would suggest switching it out with a silver one. Great moc!

8 Likes

Seconded.
Bonus points for the creative use of the 2003 Matoran torso in the spinal column, though.

4 Likes

@Atlas_1 Thirded.

Not much I can say, other that the trans light blue brainstalk doesn’t fit that well with everything else. Maybe try red? Also, where do the feet and sword come from?

1 Like

The sword is a Knight’s Kindom piece. Its either King Mathias or King Jayko but i can’t remember which. The feet are roborider heads, but i don’t know which exact sets they come from.

2 Likes

Simple, yet effective. You also have quite a talent for posing

1 Like

I don’t even know what to say! This is great!

1 Like

@Atlas_1 Thanks! I like her too lol. I tried to avoid using silver in the MOC outside of the weapons, but I’ll definitely look into it. I’d have to put in a BL order for it and I’m tight on cash right now.

@Timageness Thank you! I always have a goal in mind when making a MOC, and this time I wanted to use that specific piece in a new way. Although its still a torso so maybe I didn’t haha.

@Levva I’ll look into the brainstalk. If I have a spare orange or red I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!

@Jayfa Thanks! I got lucky with this MOC. I usually build burly MOCs, so they aren’t always the most posable. With Miua I was able to get a great range of poses so I went to town. Although I have to admit I lifted a number of the poses from Soulcalibur 2.

@Hautaka Thanks! I’m glad you like her. She’s got some updates but they’re pretty minor. If I make a few more I’ll be sure to post them.

3 Likes

the clashing textures seem sorta meh, especially the torso. Otherwise it’s pretty good.

1 Like

I believe ‘Ski’ used them in that color.

Anyways, pretty cool! My biggest issue is the eyes, though I would recommend yellow or orange as opposed to red.

1 Like

Pretty sweet. I like the simple look.

1 Like

Such expressive poses. I struggle with flexibility in most of my own MOCs.

1 Like

It’s the head from the Ice Slizer/Throwbot Ski.

good to know i’m not the only one who uses throwbot heads as feet.

1 Like

@Omega_Tahu Thanks for the c&c! I focused more on shape than textures, but i’ll look into that.

@jayzor17 @Sammythekat @Levva Thanks guys! Levva you got your answer. I try to use throwbot/sliver/roborider pieces as often as I can. They have some excellent pieces that Bionicle and Hero Factory can’t compete with.

@AdamusTheFirst Thanks! simplicity was key here.

@tzdt Truth be told so do I. I got lucky with this MOC. Thanks for the comment!

3 Likes

The feet look a little too big in the first picture for some reason. Maybe try custom feet. Other than that great work!

1 Like

Awesome stuff right here. First of all, great pics. Nothing spoils a good MOC post faster than poor quality pictures. Secondly, the color scheme is great, as well as the simple, yet complex design. It comes together really, well.

Question though - what are those foot pieces from? I don’t think I’ve ever seen them before.

1 Like

Those are throwbot heads without the vizor

1 Like

i mean, the dude already acknowledged that.

1 Like

Sorry but I didn’t read the previous posts. I was just answering his question.

1 Like

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY finally someone who uses g1 hands