Mobile Suit Gundam and all related works

Alright

this is just imo

And you’re going to need to make it through some epic levels of cheese

You might enjoy the UC OVAs. Only issue is that a lot of them require watching MSG to really get the context of. Origin is amazing but you need to know a bit about MSG to know what you’re watching

That said

If you want something that doesn’t require going through a bit of pain, I’d recommend 00. It’s pretty swell. Gundam Build FIghters (especially Try) is pretty awesome too.

1 Like

But the Shinaju kits are… meh… all gold foil stickers, and the RG has RG problems…

Which is sad, since I love the design…

Edgy.

But is it edgier than IBO?..

Does the MG use stickers?

See, it’s edgier in some aspects, but the edginess is handled well, and not just “IMA KILL DEM DUDES WHO KILLED MAH BUDDIES”

1 Like

I want to say that in a RG review it mentioned it does. Not sure.

Using handy dandy 1999.co.jp, let’s see…

Yep. Wow. That is bad. Really bad.

1 Like

failry new to Gundam… so uh… quick overall thoughts, i guess?
Watched Season 1 of Iron Blooded Orphans- love it. Build Fighters was nice, as is BF Try so far.
I love my HG’s, ut im being more and more tempted by a few MG’s and RG’s
Panda Pettitguy is the best Gundam model of all time as well
and uh… yeah. looking into more Gundam to watch, and more suits to add to my wish list… uh… yea. about all i got XD

Be warned, early RGs are meh at best. Later ones can be good, like the 00 Raiser and Quanta.

2 Likes

Terrible at worst.

2 Likes

Honestly the RG that’s been really tempting me is the new Gold Frame Amatsu Mina. i love the lines and colors of it

1 Like

Well, guess who finally watched an anime?

me.

Anyways, so I watched Build Fighters, and am currently working my way through Try and
Oh
My
God
Build Fighters is… absolutely fantastic! I’d recommend it to anyone. It’s a bit cheesy, but I think the mech fights realllllly make up for it.

(I blame @Joe 's Gundam Discord chat for making me watch these :P)

1 Like

insert plug here

just don’t be offensive and get banned :stuck_out_tongue:

Build Fighters is simply amazing for what it is. It’s a simple plot that remains entertaining through how fun it is.

2 Likes

“Simply fun” is a really good way of summing up buildfighters. Discord is best. Discord is life.

So is Thunderbolt in like an alternate UC timeline?

no it’s a side story in an Asteroid belt in the more barren side of the war

Thunderbolt just takes place during the normal war in an isolated area.

1 Like

A similar comparison is Luke’s training on Dagobah and the Falcon running away from Star Destroyers in Empire Strikes back. Both take place at the same time but don’t affect each other much at all.

1 Like

What are your favorite OP for Gundam? I think mine are probably the 1st, 3rd, and 4th OPs of IBO.

http://www.rightstufanime.com/sales-and-promos/Weekend-Sale?utm_source=Gundam&utm_medium=Card&utm_campaign=FB_NZ
Gundam merch is currently on sale on Right Stuf. Might be some good deals in there.
Edit: turns out it’s a “sale” where they raise prices only to reduce them to base price again. Disregard that.
Edit X2: Found a video that accurately sums up my thoughts on Build Fighters and it’s subsequent sequels. Fair warning though, there is some cursing near the end. Watch at your own discretion. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=_jAN13WBg50&t=6m13s

Wow really? The technology feels way to advanced for the time.

Oh lord.

In terms of songs,

0079’s OP, ZZ’s 1st OP, Both G Gundam OPs, Wing’s OP, both Turn A OPs, and 08th MS Team’s OP

yeah, it really does.