Mobile Suit Gundam and all related works

welp.

I know what I’m doing for the next fourty years…

4 Likes

check reviews for the series and what they entail if you want to make sure you have a good viewing experience

or try running through them all, IDK

im in a discord server with @Joe and he knows i did it all in 3 weeks

1 Like

Not something to be proud of

4 Likes

I know what I’m doing the first three weeks of summer… XD.

yes it is

it shows i have less of a life than anyone else

have fun with reco in g!

2 Likes

Speaking of G-Reco, looks like there’s a movie in planning. If it does well enough we’ll also get a 2nd one too.

This is gonna flop

the show didn’t even do well enough to get a second season, which is standard for AU shows (yes, it took place in the UC, but it was set so far in the future it’s not like Zeta or something as far as most crowds are concerned). Even IBO wasn’t that loved but it still got a second season.

If a show does that terribly, then there’s no way a movie that builds off of it is going to do well

3 Likes

oh jesus i hope not

2 Likes

I don’t believe I’ve ever posted in this topic (could be wrong though), so I’ll share my general thoughts. So I have to admit, I’m not a huge Gundam geek or anything, but I was introduced to IBO through Toonami, and it’s pretty good, I ended up missing episodes and didn’t watch for a while but last month. I got to about episode 13, and I can assure that whether you’re huge into Gundam or not, it’s a high quality series and is well worth the watch.

Toonami was also playing Unicorn, and I have to be totally honest, it’s kind of bad. I watched three episodes and there was too much confusing info dumping for me to really get what’s going on, I don’t know if this get’s better or not but this show was kind of a disappointment to me, especially compared to IBO. Animation’s nicely done though, I’ll give it that.

4 Likes

Normally I’d say context from MSG may help with Unicorn but honestly I’ve seen most of the UC OVAs as well as MSG and I don’t think it helped

2 Likes

Concept art of the G-Self.

1 Like

The physical embodiment of bad cosplay

1 Like

Ew…

1 Like

Watching MSG is like raising a Magikarp.
It’s not very great, and it takes a long time, but the reward (understanding the OVAs) is great.
Praise SEED.

you mean the series that isn’t that much better and the reward at the end is regarded as not much better as Reco in G?

1 Like

Nope.
I mean the series that’s endlessly praised by the fanbase but doesn’t have one proper OVA to build its world.
You must be thinking of SEED Destiny. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just watch out for Jesus Yamato

1 Like

He was a good character in SEED IMO.
Not so much in Destiny, from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

He got too enamored by the giant robot he was given

And now he’s just that annoying kid on his birthday who whacks people with a new toy lightsaber

1 Like