Mobr: Pridak - The Prideful One

It is said that he hunts children of all spices and that he has no direction, but there is evidence to the contrary…

His blades are made of twisted bone and protodermis…
Twisted spikes grow from his neck and arms, and what appears to be a stunted tail or fin protrudes from his upper back.
Some say the red marks on his body are blood vessels that burst in a violent mutation…
It is said that he has been seen with other monsters of the deep, harassing the world to their content…
Backstory: A long time ago, Pridak was a Toa of ice, patrolling the northern sea. Then one day. A terrible storm came out of seemingly nowhere and disappeared as quickly as it came. According to local folklore, The mighty Makuta Captured Pridak and mutated his body and mind. Combining his dna with that of a proud sea creature. From that day forward, Pridak joined the brotherhood and led his own own group… The Barakii!!!
Size comparison:

Please leave comments and criticism! And let me know if I should take more pictures!

15 Likes

Powerpuff girls beware

While others say that the overdose of red pins visible lead to this legend being passed down…

He’s lanky. Really lanky. This normally wouldn’t be too great of an issue, but I think it’s directly responsible for his neck being the length of his torso. Colour-blocking the black was a good idea, as the blended areas don’t look right. The reptile leg and ankle is an interesting concept with limbs that thin and at that angle, but the nuva armour keeps it from working.

The much more solidly built Kalmah only makes the wacky proportions of this fishy fellow that more bizarre. I don’t know anything about the world so I won’t comment on the story, but it was hard to read. Too many sentences, which is something I didn’t think I’d be saying on TTV.

Overall, needs some work, but there’s some really good concepts here.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Also his NECK IS NOT THE LENGTH OF HIS TORSO! Its one ball away from being as long as his torso… also I was trying to be as similar to the og set while still improving on design and look, and I think I did a pretty good job!

where this dude’s eyes tho

1 Like

I think it looks creepier and less goofy without the eyes

I like the moc quite a bit. It’s always fun to see remakes of old sets. I do have to wonder what happened to his eyes.

1 Like

I thought the eyes look a bit goofy and that he looked creepier with his eyes sunken in, aka without the eye piece. Though I do see that it might actually look better with the eyes, so I might change it

:neutral_face:[quote=“SonicBionicleMaster, post:3, topic:50781”]
Its one ball away from being as long as his torso…
[/quote]

You’re right, the difference is immeasurable and my blatant hyperbole was not proven accurate by such, I relent[quote=“SonicBionicleMaster, post:3, topic:50781”]
I was trying to be as similar to the og set while still improving on design and look, and I think I did a pretty good job!
[/quote]

Well, my opinion on that differs, and that’s why I commented. I didn’t comment so you could tell me how wrong I was; I noticed some imperfections with the design noteworthy enough to mention, and so I did.

1 Like

I was joking about the neck length, and I do agree about him being lengthy, but I did have him with the shorter legs once and… I wasn’t a fan. But I do agree with you mostly, and if you were wondering about why kahlma was so much more complex, it’s because I’m now running out of pieces.
@HewksDKowlihad
@Krelikan
Here is an updated version. With eyes! Two eyes!

Necks da best.

1 Like

I see he’s from australia

2 Likes

better, well done

1 Like

Yeah. I need to fix that

Yeah I prefer him with the eyes.[quote=“SonicBionicleMaster, post:9, topic:50781”]
it’s because I’m now running out of pieces.
[/quote]

I hate how you can run out of pieces. The devs should really change that.

1 Like

Haha!

[spoiler]

"Kalmah my eyes!"

"Yeah I was also limited to one eye, good fortune on me I have three."
[/spoiler]

The MOC looks fine, but I have a bit of the problem with all that silver, and the fact that he’s got no eyes.

1 Like

What about the updated version I showed?

1 Like

I can see

Sorry, I haven’t noticed the post.

Well yeah there are the eyes, which is good, but other than than that I can’t really see so much difference. Let me tell you some more things I’d change:

• Make the torso more hunched instead of that neck
  • again, remove some of that silver
  • Try to remove a bit of that black, it’s too much if compared to the set

Also if you run out of pieces, I’d say you’d better focus on smaller things, or try to get more, demolish another MOC? I know, it’s hard

1 Like

where are his eyes?

1 Like

I have to keep most of my mocs together for a stopmotion series I’m working on, but, oh the temptation to build more mocs!..

1 Like