[MOC] Leroy

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/975/41975792822_d08cc450a2_b.jpg

A small but hardworking toxic waste disposal droid. When he discovers life growing in the most unusual of places, he vows to protect it.

Leroy was an unusual build as he began as something a bit more sinister. Original I wanted to make an evil brain in a jar, but it wasn’t turning out like I hoped. When I noticed that the round shape of his body gave him a softer, gentler look, I decided to give him a little flowerpot to really push it.

55 Likes

Jenkins!

4 Likes

Wall-e rip-off/s

1 Like

This is pretty awesome, I like the aesthetic it has.

this is what I thought when I read the description

1 Like

i was about to type that i have been beaten but that vid is still my favorite vid on the interwebs

2 Likes

What you’re basically using is character shape language. I don’t know if this is something you already know or what, but in the aforementioned context, circular shapes represent more innocent traits, such as youth or gentleness or just general likability.

To contrast, Triangular shapes are associated with a deceptive nature, evil, agility, or an edgy or lone-wolf personality.

2 Likes

Aww. He’s a cute little guy.

@Trande
I have a 50+ page document on the subject on my computer lol. I decided to look up the subject after building this little guy and It’s a fascinating read.

@Abyss_Lockstrider
Glad you like him so much!

@MaxinePrimal
Thank you! Cute was the idea.

3 Likes

Very cute

At least with a style like this, it’s really easy to use shape language.

It’s much harder if you’re doing an anime-esque art style. Your options are pretty much narrowed down to what you have the characters wearing.

1 Like

This is a lovely little creation! Well done.

He’s got alot of character. I love him.

1 Like