MOC thieves

Alright, since some recent MOC thief managed to make a few topics with MOCs by other people, I’d like to discuss the issue of people stealing MOCs, or related Lego creations and say they own or someone they know allowed them to post the MOC

19 Likes

I really hate it when people steal things.

3 Likes

I don’t think people with “permission of brothers or friends” should be allowed to post the MOCs, the creator could and should post it him/her self. Not that hard to join here.

As for stealing MOCs I think it’s pretty obvious to tell when someone is doing so, when one has previously posted a lets say “low standards or just simplicity” for a MOC it’s easy to tell they are stealin when posting a super detailed one.

This should be punsihed greatly imo, since it’s stealing other people’s hard work, this is no different than art theft.

13 Likes

Yup, I knew it. I actually was just about to say after 10 minutes of reverse Google image searching that the dude stole some MOCs.

Stealing any sort of work to me shows that you don’t care for personal integrity, and you only care about the benefit of yourself. Just don’t steal anything.

9 Likes

UPDATE seems like art/moc theft earns you almost four months of suspension here.

So no worries, steal at your own risk.

9 Likes

If one steals a moc they should be suspended for two weeks.
If done again one should be banned.

3 Likes

I think the four month suspension is better, two weeks for stealing someones hard work is not enough

6 Likes

(This is how I imagine MOC thieves)

My mind is telling me no, BUT MY BODY! MY BODY IS TELLING ME YES!

14 Likes

There was this guy on CBW who claimed to be related to the guys who made the MOCs he posted, and that they gave him permission to use them. He first said this one guy was his brother, and then his cousin, and then his friend.

He later said he had permission from a bunch of people. And then claimed that he owned the MOC, but the creator of the MOC owned the picture of the MOC.

All his articles are now rip in peace. Thank Mata Nui.

3 Likes

Wait, who was the guy?

1 Like

Youngjusticeforever, now known as ShadowOfOblivion7119. He’s a real skrub.

1 Like

oh god

if he does the same things for all the others…

anyway, with “MOC thieves” I am a design thief, but stealing someone’s MOC and saying it actually yours is a little bit too much

that is the only moc he uploaded that I believe was actually made by him

11 Likes

UGH. Moc thieves.

I just wish they gave credit, but they don’t.

I think it’s obvious when someone steals MOCs though.

5 Likes

Wow I can’t believe this is a thing,

Do not taint these boards with his profane name!

2 Likes

When I first read your post, I thought you were insulting the show.
I’m glad you aren’t.

well I’ve seen moc thieves all around the old days of Biotube, but haven’t noticed it much around anymore, could be my lack of interest.

I’m still new to ttv so I haven’t been around enough. Still sucks to see stolen mocs :<

1 Like

I found some of our MOC’s on some wallpaper website

I haven’t seen it yet. I still wanna finish rewatching Justice League.

1 Like