Modifications to G1 Sets

This is my Uxar mod

6 Likes

16 Likes

“”"""" mod"""""" I don’t think that is the word you are looking for, also this is for G1 sets

1 Like

Oops, didn’t see that

1 Like

I made Kikanalo slightly more accurate to the movie (specifically the one Nokama tamed). After analyzing them frame by frame, I noticed that the movie version bared many similarities to the prototype version such as the pseudo-digitigrade legs, the hands not having thumbs, the never-released horn blade and the eyes being studs on balljoints as shown here

I wouldn’t be surprised if the movie model was made while the set was still in developpement…So I based most of my mods on that, while keeping the base Kikanalo (official set) intact; the body and tail were left unchanged

for those who are observant, yes the arms are two different shades of grey =P

how did I do?

11 Likes

I love this mod, ANOTHER!

2 Likes

This looks pretty accurate. You did a good job

2 Likes

Wow, the prototype Kikanalo looks so much better than the final version. I’ve never seen that before.

3 Likes

That horn the prototype had really looks like half of the Chronicler’s Staff piece.

2 Likes

You have bleeped up my friend.

Mistake 1: You sold a G1 set.
Mistake 2: You sold a Toa Mata.
Mistake 3: Ive seen Toa Mata go online for $50+, and you sold it for 30.
Mistake 4 (This is the biggest one): You sold Onua.

3 Likes

It is. Prototypes used a lot of cut and glued pieces to convey the idea of what the finalised one would look like. That’s why one of the prototype Toa Inika images shows a Kraakhan with a Hydro Blade attached to the forehead as the mask.

4 Likes

:anguished:

19 Likes

Vezon’s got the teeth and Fenrakk’s got the mask, wait, I don’t think it’s supposed to go that way…

6 Likes

OK, that got a laugh.

Fenzon looks like a cross between a sharkticon and a gadunka.

5 Likes

This is the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen. I love you and it.

faceswap IRL/10

3 Likes

:dizzy_face:
I recently bought some G1 pieces and decided to modify Onewa Metru.

I think I’ll keep him that way.
Why?
Gunmetal’s cool. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’ve got a very similar looking Onewa on my shelf, I like the hooks on yours, I may need to change mine. :+1:

2 Likes

It is ok, why stockings? Mabey pants instead…

1 Like

Well, pants normally cover more than just the shins.

1 Like

His skin is brown, he is running away naked with gunmetal stockings and shoulder pads, what a weird hero huh?

4 Likes