Modifications to G1 Sets

Don’t the long legs make his arms look even stubbier by comparison? :grimacing:

I love that idea it makes me laugh.

Very underated topic.

Time to grab my modified Pewku and Takua when I get back home.

I added in possibility for Tahu’s head. I forget where I saw this before but I liked it best for keeping the face and eyes the same, and maintaining gear function while adding in possibility. I made his left arm be attached via a pin and rotate 360 on that pin. His gear function also has an adjustment based on the Onua 2015 and Ekimu 2016 sets.

His sword also as a power adjuster that I had to add on when the blade broke after repeated harsh use.

I am not sure how to get the first set of pictures to be horizontal…they were horizontal when I looked at them on my computer before uploading them. Anyone know what I should do?

4 Likes

you should be able to rotate them once they’re on your computer I believe

1 Like

Get a 3 long lightsaber / wand peice and use that instead of the pin. The way it is now his head sticks forward too much.

1 Like

I like being able to move his head up and down as well as side to side.

Giving Metru fully balljointed arms while still retaining the gear functions.

1 Like

Go Flex tube.

1 Like

The flex tube works but I prefer the ball joint. I could also do a custom head that would not be as far forward but that would make the eyes and face of Tahu under the mask different so I don’t see myself changing the head/neck. What do you guys think of the gear function mod?

Hard to make out but is neat

use the standard method, but instead of using one of those switch pins, use a 3 l axle with a stopper on the end. connect the other side to the gear in the chest.

1 Like

For me I place balljoints on the axels that connect to the arms. But the balljoint connects to a hand connector which has its center axel hole connected with an axel to the lower arm axel hole for the upper arm double socket connector. It fills in the arm area as well as gives you perfect arm movement.

Also I get that it would be preferable with the same thing but with a stopper. That piece in that length can only be found in colors that wont match with the color scheme of my set, and the only axel with a stopper thats in dark bluish grey is in a 4 long lenght and I can only use it if I cut the piece and for me thats not that great of a thing. Tried it once and I dont like doing that.

I do believe tour option is even more solid, but even with the regular axel the axel still doesnt go out of the ball joint. M ait has better chance to go out with the whole hand than to just stay in the gear function which works just enough.

Not mine but I like the alterations Toa Lhikan Hordika did to his sets:

Like movie-accurate Krekka:

3 Likes