Mods To The 2015 Sets

Do you like the Hammer of Power MOD I did?
Are the instructions on how to build it clear?

I get what you were going for, but I don’t think it’s quite necessary. that may change though

1 Like

And the eyes?

I’m still confused as to why LEGO changed the color of the brain-stalks of Ekimu and Nilkuu.

yeah.

1 Like

I did this to Kulta’s staff-side armpit. Works pretty well.

9 Likes

you put the horns on wrong

8 Likes

I was struggling…

5 Likes

To the person who suggested putting the small Technic piece behind the eyestalk to stop it flipping, thanks so much! I have no idea why the head doesn’t have a second pin to stop it from moving.

4 Likes

because it’s a feature.

1 Like

I made a slight modification to pohatu’s gearbox so both of his arms use the gearfunction instead of just 1

Well, I took one look at the way the instructions said to build Skull Slicer’s Mask grabber, with the chain inside the claw, and I said “Well, that’s dumb.” So I flipped the droid body around.

4 Likes

I hated skull slicer’s mask grabbing chain so much that I took it off of him because it gets stuck when you use the gear function

I wouldn’t mind so much if the masks weren’t so loose.

On another note, here’s an incredibly minor fix for the small gaps at the back of torsos using two spare parts:

8 Likes

I turned Kulta’s weapons into a pin wheel. I like it.

3 Likes

All of my sets have remained un-modified, with the exception of Lewa, who’s gear box I’ve taken down a notch, and I plan to modify Kulta’s gears when I get him.

2 Likes

Okay here’s the design for you guys to steal

The extra bushing is an extra piece from the set I think

8 Likes

I made some pallete swaps using just pieces from the 2015 sets. Onua is all black and Korgot has more purple, and I put all the Keetorange on Vizuna and put the rans-green on Lewa, and I made Pohatu all brown and Nilkuu all silvery.

3 Likes

This is Pohatu. I gave him some shoulder pads, a place to legitimately store his dagger, and actuall back armor. Also, TRANS LIME AND SPIKES!!!1!!!1

This is Lewa Nuva, flying mode activated. Basically took all the colors from his torso print and slapped it all over the place.

This is Nunu-kun. Add-ons and new back armor, nothing much.
To those asking; yes, I did give him a 1-Axis swivel bone in his forearm. Onua doesn’t really need the free balljoint due to the nature of his weapons.

This is Kultie ‘n’ the Maker. Made Ekimu slightly taller, changed the torso armor, locked the stud shooter in place (no more pew-pew :frowning: ), and repositioned the shield. The only major difference with Kulta is his weapons, twin Thieving Halberds. I apologize for only having one spooky sword piece, I’ll get another with Slicer.

12 Likes

Well, when I rebuild pohatu I will give him a leg function and remove gears if I were to do stahp motion.

here are some mods i made to my sets

i raised pohatu’s gear box one slot and changed the position that the friction gears were so that i could add one more for extra support

i found that the position for lewa’s glider felt weird to me so i pulled an illegal build move and changed their direction. i think it looks much better

i put the lower half of onuas hammer onto the top of the hammer for storage when its not being used. i also turned the stored hammer upside down so it didnt stick out like a soar thumb. i turned each of onua’s claws on a 45 degree angle so that it made it look like they were his actuall hands but you still cant see his hands behind them

i made it so that Kopaka’s shield had a handle and wasn’t directly attached to his hand

also made the protector of fire look like the animation. dont always use this one but sometimes it looks nice

11 Likes