Mods To the 2016 Sets

In my defense, the only thing that is similar to the master is the 3.0 claws and the general leg concepts. The leg concept is different, though, as it’s a more taller thin design made to fit Kopaka 2016. Also keep in mind I plan to erase at least 90% of his silver. It clashes with the gold. Kopaka’s just full of metallic coloring issues IMO, and his thin build rather than a bulky paladin don’t help.

4 Likes

I mean, it kind of bothers me that you’re using the same shield weapons that he had last year, but that’s just me. Personally I would make the the technic shield larger, but I don’t have the pieces to do that. Personally, I like my Kopaka to have nice blend of gold and silver, so he can resemble the original set as much as possible, while having a consistent colorscheme, and being the transition between the toa with silver and the toa with gold. I also don’t really mind that he doesn’t look like a paladin, because to me it means that he may have (I don’t know weather this is true story-wise or not) abandoned his icy samurai vibe to be more of a team with his fellow toa.

2 Likes

@Scarilian @Tarvaax

Aight, so I basically made a revamped Ketar out of skittles. It’s also difficult to make a functioning protector sized scorpion so it unintentionally a chibi.

SO OVERWHELMINGLY DANGEROUS

Top silhouette.

The function is essentially pulling up his claws to bring forward his stinger.

Ready for unification with his skittle toa

In a compromise for awkward legs and useless arm swords, Kopaka Pohatu turns into a vorox. The function works here, although it isn’t as seamless as when in a normal mode.

The mods are kept in a separate bag, along with some Kopaka and Melum mods.

20 Likes

I like his stinger function…

But seriously, his unity feels useless… even more useless than Terak and Melum unities…
I hope you’ll give him the original limbs he had.

1 Like

I have some idea about custom gear function for Ketar. But since 2016 sets probably arrive here in my country in March, I have to ask you guys who already has these sets to try it out. This mod will need some parts from Ikir and Terak. Here’s the idea:

LDD file: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jakakulc/MOC/ketar_mods.lxf

The yellow part is the unity piece. The pink is new axel-gear.

Hopefully, this will give Ketar stinging function coupled with horizontal hugging function, so his arms will move away when the stinger strikes. Better function for a scorpion. :smile:

I know that it’s a bit taller than other Creatures’ body. Maybe you guys with more experience could make it perfect. :wink:

EDIT: Fixed! @Corrin
EDIT2: More minor fixes.

4 Likes

TRIGGERED

I don’t get quite what you mean. He’s got a vorox stinger that works, I feel like it’s better than side swords and awkward leg positioning. You got your opinions, though.

I don’t like the original limbs, probably because I think they’re too long for this.

2 Likes

I’ll try this with my ketar, I’ll post pictures after I’m done.

Edit: Sorry, I can’t seem to make it work.

@SwagMeister Is your Kopaka done?

Yeah, his mods have been on for a day or two.

1 Like

Can you please post some photos of him? I’m curious to see him.

So exactly why should Pohatu have a stinger that works?
I love the stinger function you gave to Ketar, in fact it is the same thing I will do to him, but on Pohatu it feels useless.
About Ketar’s limbs: if you move them and use them to create a armor for Pohatu the unity looks beautiful.
Look at how this reviewer poses the creature limbs when in unity mode

Skip to 34:22 and to 35:20

6 Likes

What seems to be the problem? Maybe we could fix it. :sweat_smile:

So I know I have asked this already, but if you have the 2015 and 2016 Gali sets, can you show what 2016 Gali looks like with 2015’s torso armor?

Thank you.

~RT

1 Like

The tail portion (gears and all) isn’t and can’t be connected to the main body, unless we use an extra gear. The gearaxle on the tail has to be further back so a technic beam can connect to the beam holding the unity piece in place, or the unity piece itself.

The problem here is that since the technic beam that is keeping her unity piece in place is one module out from the new torso piece you are forced to use a technic ball beam to connect her 2015 chestplate to the torso, like Umarak. This makes it so you have to remove one of the quarter pins that is securing the system slope on the back of her torso.

4 Likes

Personally I think Pohatu’s being a vorox would be cool.

1 Like

I made some slight modifications to these four. I was very happy with Onua and Tahu, so they stayed the same.

[Click on thumbnail for full image.]

What do you guys think?

4 Likes

Everything looks better except for Gali. She looks too generic now

Yeah I do agree. I hated the how the Vorox armour was used in her set, but I still really liked it so I wanted to keep it in. I’ll see what else I can do to make her stand out a bit more.

1 Like

Adding this to the back of the Toas upper leg area really helps bulk things up.

2 Likes

Nah, clearly according to Lego, a couple of these bulk up the back of legs just fine :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, if John Ho stated that the Unity pieces on Tahu and Kopaka’s legs were meant to be customizeable, then I’m willing to bet that he put the grey pins there for Moccists to add-on to as well. Mystery solved!

5 Likes