Most Anticipated Movies of 2017

We’re already 3 months into 2017 and we’ve already had some pretty good (and some not so good) movies. Here’s mine:

Spider-Man Homecoming
Been a while since I’ve watched any of the Spider-Man movies, but he was my favorite superhero growing up. Civil War revitalized my interest in him and the trailer looks pretty good. Only thing I’m little concerned about is that it will be a bit too “teeny”, we’ll see.

The Lego Batman Movie
Already out obviously, and it lived up to my expectations. Was laughing throughout the whole thing and I want to watch it again right now.

Wonder Woman
I’m very skeptical on this one, and I’m already worried with how bad other DCEU films are. But this does seem to have a lot of things going for it. I’ll probably not watch this as soon as it comes out, but I’ll wait for reviews because I don’t want to experience another Batman V Superman or Suicide Squad.

Ghost in the Shell
This is a bit of an odd one for me. I’ve never watched the original Ghost in the Shell movie, or Stand Alone Complex, or anything else related to the GITS. But the trailer’s got me interested with the cyberpunk feel to it. A lot of live action anime adaptations tend to be bad, but this so far has the best presentation I’ve seen from one. Got my finger’s crossed, but I think i’ll see it. Also everyone whining about the white washing is overreacting imo

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Not much need for an explanation. But this is definitely my most anticipated film. Can’t wait to see the direction they go in with this movie, everything I’ve heard about it’s production so far points to it being one heck of a movie.

So what are yours? Discuss.

13 Likes

Transformers: The Last Knight

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. II

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to

Kong: Skull Island
Star Wars: Episode VIII
Spiderman: Homecoming

particularly the last one

2 Likes

I dread most of the ones I’m looking forward to as much as anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

GotG 2: The first one was really fun but suffered from too much exposition and a boring villain. I have a feeling this one will be an improvement. (I’m also looking forward to the other Marvel movies, but this is the one I’m most interested in by far.)

Alien: Covenant: Ridley Scott is still a good director, and I didn’t hate Prometheus, but I hope this one has a more comprehensible script.

PotC 5: I liked the first three and thought the fourth was mediocre at best. This has been in production forever, so hopefully they used the time to make a movie that lives up to the first few.

Kingsman 2: This is the only franchise movie on this list that I actually have confidence in other than GotG. The world needs more over-the-top Bond parodies.

Dunkirk: Christopher Nolan + World War 2 + not a franchise movie = yes.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: Hopefully, this will live up to the legacy of The Fifth Element. Luc Besson doesn’t have a perfect track record (looks at Lucy), but when he’s on top of things, he’s one of the best writer/directors out there.

Blade Runner 2049: The original movie is a masterpiece. Sequels to masterpieces are often mediocre-to-terrible and suffer further by comparison to the original. But they hired a talented director, so I’m not completely without hope.

Darkest Hour: Gary Oldman is playing Chruchill. That alone is reason enough for me to get excited. :stuck_out_tongue:

Star Wars 8: I really liked TFA in spite of its issues, so I really hope this is a return to form after the disappointing Rogue One.

3 Likes

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell no Tales

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Spiderman: Homecoming

Logan

Thor: Ragnarok

The Ninjago movie

Star Wars Episode VIII

Really the line of movies this year is really stacked.

2 Likes

Forgot to put Dunkirk on the list. Anything by Christopher Nolan has my interest.

1 Like

-GOTG2
-Spider-Man: Homecoming
-Dunkirk probably
-Cars 3 probably
-The LEGO Ninjago Movie
-Thor: Ragnarok
-Star Wars: The Last Jedi

1 Like

Transformers the last Knight, yes I know it’ll probably suck. but I can dream, can’t I?

1 Like

Well, the LEGO Batman movie came out, but I still need to see it. as for the rest…

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 looks good, still need to see the first.

Spiderman Homecoming, because I loved him in Civil war and I look forward to my first spidey film.

Transformers the Last Knight, because…yeah…

The LEGO Ninjago Movie. Probably gonna be the highlight of the year for me, can’t wait. (It even comes out right after my birthday, whooooop)

Star wars…cause star wars.

1 Like
  • Logan
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi
  • Kong: Skull Island
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • War of the Planet of the Apes
  • Dunkirk
1 Like

-Logan
-Star Wars
-GotG Vol2
-Dunkirk
-Thor: Ragnarok
-Spiderman: Homecoming

I actually just watched ‘Logan’, it was a great movie. For those that are old enough to watch it, definatly do it is so worth it.

2 Likes
  • Logan
  • Beauty and The Beast
  • Power Rangers
  • Ghost in The Shell

Those ones stick out to me as being interesting this year, I do want to see new IP’s instead of sequels or remakes though. :confused:

1 Like

The Emoji Movie.

/s

2 Likes

back to the evil jar with you!

/s

Anyway, the movies I’m looking forward to-
Transformers: The Last Knight
This one has a different writer so I have hopes it’s still at least be okay. But since Micheal Bay is still the director so there’s a chance it’ll still be bad.

Spider-Man Homecoming

I haven’t really enjoyed a Spider-Man movie since Spider-man 2, but Spider-Man homecoming looks like it might be a great movie.

GOTG 2

I loved the first one, and the second one looks great.

Logan

The onyl reason i haven’t seen it already is that my parents have to watch R-Rated movies first before I can watch them.

3 Likes

Godzilla Anime.

Yep another Godzilla film!

As far as I’m concerned the only film I’m interested in this year that hasn’t premièred yet is the third Kizumonogatari film. I’m also looking forward to seeing the Lego Batman Movie and Tom of Finland, both of which are currently showing.

1 Like

ALIEN COVENANT: I can’t hold back my excitements. I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

Also Star Wars The Last Jedi.

1 Like

BLADE RUNNER

Also Star Wars, Ghost in the Shell, and The Ninjago Movie.

2 Likes

(insert awesome mix vol. 1 here)
GOTG2 I cannot wait

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.