Most Difficult Kanohi To MOC With?

Are there any masks that you guys just can’t seem to find a use for in MOCs? Maybe they have a super awkward texture/shape, or maybe they have really weird connection points. Personally, I really have a hard time integrating one of my two Ultimate Dume masks on a MOC. It’s just so hard to integrate eyes with good light piping!

So, what do you guys think?

24 Likes

I’ve tried using the Pakari Nuva several times, but it’s textures, shaping and connection placements are all really awkward.

5 Likes

I’ve used the Ultimate Dume, and I’ll agree it’s pretty hard… But I’m gonna say the Avohkii, not because it’s hard to connect or anything, but because it’s so overused that you have to use it perfectly, otherwise people say it’s too overused…

3 Likes

Yeah, I think most of the masks with a large story significance (Avokii, Ignika, red Hau) have that same problem. They’re so well-known/common (and have such great designs) that it can almost be a no-brainer to use them for MOCs. But at the same time, their story relevance makes it very difficult to not think of canon characters that wear that mask when looking at a MOC that uses it.

1 Like

Yeah, and if you want to make a canon MOC with them, like a Tahu revamp, you have to do it perfectly… which sucks. I can’t even use the Uniter masks without relating them to the characters immediately…

Nuva masks don’t fit in very well. They’re too warped or organic to fit in correctly, unless your MOC uses curved or round pieces.

3 Likes

Inika mask (2006 Toa), they only have 1 legal connection and difficult to use aside for being a head.

The inika masks are pretty hard to work with, since they force you to use those weird 2006 heads.

7 Likes

The 06 Toa Ignika masks. They’re really hard to make look good with anything.

1 Like

Completely translucent masks.
You have to incorporate enough translucence into the rest of the moc, too.

Large masks, like the Brutaka’s mask or Takanuva 08’s mask. Maybe even the Ignika.

2 Likes

The Garai is just hard to live with

The Olmak and Maxilos masks are fairly hard to work with.

At least in terms of masks, but I do feel strongly that the Olmak’s large size doesn’t lend it to being helpful in a majority of MOCing situations, even as armor.

I do also struggle to find use in most Glatorian helmets.

2 Likes

It is kind of difficult to accept the fact that a Lego designer was like, “Ya know what would be a good idea? Let’s make a mask that already looks terrible, than cut it in half, add a weird nose, and put it on life support. I think that’s a great idea!”

4 Likes

The Garai.

Probably the Kakama Nuva. I’ve tried to find numerous ways of using it in MOCs, though it always ends up looking really off.

Either the Kalix or the Garai.

1 Like

I’d say the uniter mask of fire that comes with lava beast.

It can only be used with a trans-neon green and red color scheme.

1 Like

The Garai is only good with a piraka head.

1 Like

I’d have to say the Garai. The mask doesn’t look too great as a mask, and connects in an odd way. I’ve seen people use it as chestplates, but whenever I even try to do so, it just doesn’t work. In addition, the axle connection is lose, and the mask will slip around if you don’t have some half-washers/bushings inside of it.