Most Difficult Kanohi To MOC With?

I think that there are some masks that are just so hated or overused that putting it in a moc would detract greatly if not used properly…

I finish typing this hours after I started, now everybody Kapura’d me…

Nexus is a example of the opposite of that. go me…

1 Like

The inika masks are for sure very difficult to MOC with.

I actually find that I have trouble with the rau used in Dalu/Nokama Metru, because the downward-pokey things on the bottom always restrict poseability, and usually when the mask is used I end up with a similar styled build- a slim/agile body

1 Like

Pretty much all the Metru masks, they’re really big and clunky. Only good for larger MOCs.

The Grey ruru

What’s odd about it? The old grey colour?

Yeah it doesn’t blend well with much

Hmmm, I get what you mean, that old grey is a bit of a yucky colour (probably why they changed it). That being said, there are still several usable parts available in the same matching old dark grey (mostly from the Rahkshi).

Y’know, I haven’t come across a mask I didn’t have a complete MOC idea for. Who says we’re limiting it to just usage on the face?

Although, the one I find the hardest to use is the noble Mahiki. There’s just no good use for it anywhere.

1 Like

I actually recently used it a MOC (though to be fair, it was an Ehrye revamp). I can totally understand how it’s hard to use. Those weird wires don’t really have analogues on other BIONICLE parts.

( e_e) o rly

One ‘mask’ I find everyone complaining about is the Gadunka mask. I don’t know what’s so hard about it, I find uses for it all the time. If I had more I could make some really incredible stuff.

Yeah, I’m guessing people find that the carapace/shellfish-style textures it has only really work with a very limited number of other parts released in '07. What’s more, that mask only comes in a weird trans-blue/marbled glow-in-the-dark colour (also only really seen in a few sets in 07).

Oooh, do you have any photos?

Absolutely.

Take a look at those pics. They’re of a Bionicle MOC I made when I first joined BZPower, during one of their contests. Got 4th place.

Don’t look at any of the other MOCs on there though, they’re all trash

3 Likes

Dang, that guy looks pretty great. Have you thought about posting it to the Boards?

1 Like

I dunno… I’m trying to get a few up and finished so I can post them here, but I guess I could post Popeye in a new topic.

2 Likes

Skrall heads. They get in the way of bodies and (when making spitting insectoids) knock zamors out.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? What are “spitting insectoids”?

2 Likes

Just a creation i’m making with a launcher under its head. (Like a hydruxa with the launcher under it)

2 Likes

Gali, Nokama, and Takanuva disagree. Trans masks are quite easy to use jusk like any other mask…it all depends of if you know what you are doing.

1 Like

Krana. Do those count? I don’t see many good mocs with krana.

1 Like