Most Memorable Part of G2

Its end, when everyone was freaking out /s

The only aspect that really stuck with me was when G2 was announced to be a thing. Some of the sets were memorable, but overall G2 was a DUD.

2 Likes

When I actually thought during leak season that we were gonna have a G1 continuation with an actual storyline.

That moment when I looked at the back of my December 2014 Lego magazineā€¦
It took me a second, then I freaked out.
The hype got progressively lower and lower, but that first moment (cause I wasnā€™t aware of the leaks and everything) was great.

I will also always remember that horrible period in around July when the Bionicle 2017 speculation topic was going into full cancer mode (woot woot we never got a G1 connection hahaha) and everybody was freaking out about the cancellation.

3 Likes

All the memes. In 2 years, it may have produced more hits than G1.

3 Likes

The beginning.

1 Like

The masks.

2016 Uniter masks > 2002 Nuva masks

5 Likes

ā€¦the end?

Not of the show, just the collapse of the line as a whole.

Sounds about right. RIP.

I donā€™t think anything can top October 15th (or whenever NYCC was that year. It was a Friday).

Probably not the most memorable, but noteworthy nonetheless as the first teaser

6 Likes

I remember it fondly.

The leaks are definitely the most memorable for me, since I felt so much hype. I was eight again at that moment. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly, the ending is just as memorable as the beginning, but arenā€™t all endings merely beginnings waiting to be born?

2 Likes

I remember fondly the first glimpses of the Toa when @IllustriousVar reviewed them from SDCC.

3 Likes

I remember this being one of my favourite videos to constantly re-watch during the G2 hype. I had only just started to listen to the TTV Podcast, but I still thought it was the funniest thingā€¦

I still watch it sometimes and remember it very fondly. The late 2014 hype was one of the best experiences of my life as sad as that may sound. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even @Mesonak commented:

"Very true to life. 13/10

My impression was masterfully done!"

6 Likes

When I saw the first black-and white leaks of the display shelf. My jaw dropped and I had to stop myself from cheering during class.

1 Like

When it died.

Too soon?

1 Like

The sets. I think we can all agree the sets were the best part of G2.

The hype and the sets. They really showed me how great this community is.

(also the soul-crushing despair that was the endingā€¦)

1 Like

When Kopaka decided to cameo in a technic commercial was also quite memorable for me (almost made me hopeful that Bionicle would be advertised alongside other Lego sets)

11 Likes

Why is Kopakaā€™s chest upside down. Does anyone read the instructions.

1 Like