Movies you would like to see get sequels

I never really understood why people hate Crystal Skull so much. It has some odd plot points, that it’s true, but for the most part it’s as enjoyable as the Original Indiana Jones movies. And a 77% critics score on Rotten Tomatoes isn’t that bad either.
As for the fifth Indiana Jones movie, yes, it has been confirmed to be started this year and release somewhere in 2020, with Steven Spielberg being once again the director. So, be hyped.

Dude yes.

2 Likes

I think the aliens and the alien spaceship at the end was a bit much for even an Indiana Jones film.

Yes, the other movies also have supernatural elements to them, but that was the limit: supernatural. While unreal and not of this world, they still felt grounded in some sort of reality, mostly magic curses or voodoo rituals. For most of the movie, Crystal Skull was going down a similar path, but the ending ruined the thrill and mystery by going too far. It’s hard to accept Crystal Skull as a bona fide Indiana Jones movie when an actual alien spaceship takes off at the end.

And when compared to the 95% of Raiders, 85% of Temple of Doom, and 88% of Last Crusade, a 77% is very much a let-down.

Except the writer of Crystal Skull is writing again, which for the fans who didn’t enjoy Skull is not a good sign.

And it got moved to 2021, so…

1 Like

Franchises will always have great and less great movies. While 77% is a significant drop indeed, it’s at least still “Certified Fresh” by Rotten Tomatoes. If just take the alien aside for a moment, the movie has great action and great effects, and it keeps all the elements of the previous movies. I personally just love that scene with the Nuclear Test site where Indy closes himself in a fridge to not get killed by the explosion. Despite how non-sense that scene is, it was executed so well that it’s probably one of my favorite Indiana Jones moments. So yeah, this may be the weakest Indy movie, but I think it deserves some credit.

Although it’s the same writer, that doesn’t mean the same mistake will be repeated again.
Huh, 2021? Guess I have to wait even more than… But I am still excited.

1 Like

I’d like to point out that this is critic score, audience score is 53%, whereas the lowest of the first 3 is 81% (Temple of Doom). For a sequel to have a 30% drop in audience score shows that something different has occurred from the past three movies.

Whilst the same writer doesn’t mean the same mistakes will be made this is only if the writer has learned from the mistakes and isn’t doubling down. It’s possible to do more of the same yet be different, this is what the 2nd and 3rd films did well, this is not what the 4th did.

1 Like

Man, I completely forgot about that movie until now! I’d watch a sequel.

2 Likes

The books it’s based on were published ages ago and there’s about 10 of them, however it was expensive to produce and didn’t perform well enough to get it’s sequel.

1 Like

For a pipe dream, The Secret World of Arrietty but Gibli Doesn’t do Sequels.

For realistic dreams… I don’t have one.

1 Like

2017 power rangers. One of the few good good things to come out of neo saban. I want my green ranger.

2 Likes

Oh man… I completely forgot that was a thing.

1 Like

I loved that movie too! Watching Stranger Things is hilarious for me because I recognize Billy as the Red Ranger.

2 Likes

I’m still hoping maybe hasbro might make that megazord in a Dx pack. The design kinda grew on me so I’m upset the toy is not only too big but annoying to get.