My Legend of the Bionicle (A G2 Fanfic)

Well, the easiest way to do that is say what you want to say in a post, enter a few spaces down, and @ another person. The way to FIX a double post is delete what you said in your secondary post, and put it in the post above it.

For instance, like this: I’ve told you about double posts, but maybe I want to also reply to something jayzor said, so now I would put @jayzor17 and now talk to him. You comprende?

1 Like

Okay.

1 Like

It’s like summoning Keplers, but it works on everyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehehe. On the subject of Keplers, is he here? As in on the TTVMB?

Not that I know of (but if the summoning still works, we’ll find out). :stuck_out_tongue:

Well… Here goes. “Great and mighty Keplers, I call upon thee from beyond the third dimension. I ask thee return to the land of Bonkles and Men, to allow us to bask in your glory! UNITY! DUTY! DESTINY!!!”

Or is that off topic? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

An intriguing concept for sure; to be honsest, I’ve been under the opinion that G2 was murdered beyond any hope of salvation. That being said, I’m captivated to no end by this story. The pacing could use some work, in the sense that we’re thrown right into the battle of the mask makers, and over-complexity striking in the first chapter, including some G1 concepts, might scare some readers away. All in all, however, the charactera, syntax, and literary progression are great. Solid jobl Very curious to see what comes in future chapters.

Glad for the feedback, thanks!

And to add, there is a number of things I have planned, trust me. Imma going to be dropping some serious knowledge bombs soon, which will include more info about Phantoka! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Probably off topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Y’know, I just realized that it was on his story where you contacted me.

I guess Keplers isn’t here yet, he hasn’t answered the mighty summons.

Well, it seems like I’m actually uploading at a competent pace for once. Fancy that! At this rate the third chapter’ll be up soon, or at least part of it. So stay tuned for that!

2 Likes

Chapter Three: The Toa Unite

The rendezvous point stood on the outskirts of the city, not too far from the Vonahk lair. It was a clearing in the jungle of the region of air, some grass, some wild flowers and a rock. Pohatu and Nilkuu arrived first, of course. A burst of wind and rustling of leaves signified their arrival.

They came to a sharp stop. “I feel sick,” Nilkuu groaned as he was lowered from Pohatu’s back.
“Just deep breaths, you’ll be fine.” Pohatu said nonchalantly.
“Easy for you to say, you’re a Toa.” Nilkuu muttered.
“So we just wait for everyone else to show up?” Pohatu asked.
“Pretty much, and it’s going to be a while, for obvious reasons.” Nilkuu explained. And so the two waited. It in fact wasn’t for all that long, as Lewa and Vizuna soon arrived as well.

“I hope we’re not late!” Lewa called as he dropped down from the sky, landing a short distance away from the two, with Vizuna dismounting. The warriors in green walked over to the warriors in brown, exchanging greetings.
“Vizuna,” Nilkuu said.
“Nilkuu,” Vizuna returned. The two had known each-other many years, but they weren’t exactly friends as apposed to colleagues.

The meeting between Lewa and Pohatu was rather different: “So you must be Lewa,” Pohatu began.
“And you’re Pohatu?” Lewa returned.
“That’s right,” Pohatu replied with a smile. They didn’t have much time to converse as a new pair entered the scene: Kopaka and Izotor.

The Protectors were quick to gather as the Toa were attracted to each-other as well. The Toa felt as though they had fought together before, but they had just met! It was a strange feeling indeed. “So I’m Pohatu, and this is Lewa,” Pohatu introduced them to the newcomer.
“Kopaka,” was all the icy Toa said.
“So what about the Vonahk lord?” Lewa asked.
“Well first, we’ll need a plan,” Pohatu answered, “Any ideas?”

The Protectors were also in conversation with one-another, but about a very different subject.
“It’s strange, Lewa seemed not to remember anything,” Vizuna began.
“That’s odd, the same goes for Kopaka,” Izotor noted.
“And Pohatu,” Nilkuu added. Realization dawned on the faces of the gathered trio.
“Oh no,” The three said in unison.

Then Onua and Korgot arrived, with Hop also in tow, who’d returned to them shortly after they’d acquired their mask.
“So what’s new?” Korgot called over to the other Protectors.
“Has Onua had a memory problem by any chance?” Vizuna asked.
“Actually, he has. Why? Have the others lost theirs too?” Korgot replied.
“Unfortunately,” Vizuna sighed, “Let’s just hope it doesn’t get too in the way of the mission,”

“Well, if we’re going to do anything, we should get a lay of the land first. We’re walking into the heart of the enemy, we need not make it any worse for ourselves.” Onua advised.
“Good point,” Pohatu agreed, “Lewa, do you think you could scout up ahead in the air and give us an idea of what we’re up against?”
“On it,” Lewa replied, as he headed off into the sky.

From this birds-eye view, Lewa could see the sheer size of it. Broken trees and webs scattered across the outer edges of the place to ward away intruders. Within, the Vonahk crawled everywhere, as if the ground itself was alive. Then, further off: a mask glinted, nestled between the front legs of the Vonahk lord. The lord lay upon a web net strung between a number of trees, in a state of rest. Lewa had seen all he needed to, he headed back to the others.

Lewa landed back over at the group, that had in the intervening time been joined by Gali and Kivoda. “Hello… Gali, right? I’m Lewa!” Lewa greeted.
“Hi!” Gali replied.
“You don’t talk much, do you?” Pohatu noted to his icy brother.
“I don’t waste my words.” Kopaka responded coldly.
“I guess that makes sense,” Pohatu said uneasily.

“So what went wrong, then?” Kivoda asked.
“We don’t know,” Nilkuu admitted.
“Let’s hope it doesn’t come back to bite us.” Kivoda hoped.
“So now it’s only Tahu and Jaller left,” Vizuna noted.
“Yes,” Korgot confirmed.

It was then that Jaller, Tupeke and Tahu arrived. “Greetings, fellow Toa!” Tahu boomed.
“Oh dear,” Jaller muttered to himself.
“Your leader: Tahu, the master of fire, has arrived.” Tahu continued arrogantly.
Who does this guy think he is? Kopaka thought to himself, There’s no way I’m letting this blundering buffoon walk over me: “And who decided you were our leader?” Kopaka said indignantly.
“I did,” Tahu replied, “I’m clearly the most capable.”
“Because you can just make a verdict on first appearances, can’t you?” Kopaka spat back.
“Brothers, need we have these petty squabbles?” Gali asked, but her voice was drowned out over Tahu’s reply: “I WILL NOT BE CHALLENGED BY THIS NONSENSE!”
“Very well,” Kopaka decided, “If you want to lead us, fight me, and win.”
“I hardly think this is ne-” Onua began.
“You stay out of this!” Tahu snapped, “I accept your challenge!”

Tahu charged, swords in battle position. Kopaka froze one of his feet and Tahu stumbled to the ground with a thud. He quickly melted the ice, growled, and leaped into action. Tahu’s attacks were furious, but unfocused, and Kopaka could dodge them easily. “Why you little- STAY. STILL!” Tahu yelled, getting more and more angry with the Toa of ice with each passing second.

“What in the name of Ekimu are they DOING?” Vizuna yelled.
“Guys! Stop fighting, we need to save our strength for the real enemy!” Korgot called over. But their efforts were in vain, the two no longer heeded any words.

Tahu had had just about enough of this annoyance’s nonsense, he bellowed with rage and blasted a wave of fire towards him. Kopaka countered by bringing up a wall of ice that negated the dangerous flames into steam. Tahu leaped at him in blind fury, hoping to at least get close enough to do some damage.

But someone came between the two, blasting them up against two separate trees and holding them there. “STOOOOOOOP!” Lewa yelled, his hands still outstretched, holding them in place. He was breathing heavily. “This is not going to help anything!” Lewa continued, “Is this really what you turn to? Fighting each-other? We are Toa! We’re better than this! We need to focus on what’s happening now and leave this for another time! Okay?”
“Fine,” Tahu grumbled.
“Okay,” Kopaka snapped.
“I’m going to let you two go now, okay? And don’t you dare try that again, or you might get a tornado next time.” Lewa said slowly, as though he was explaining it to children. He released them, and they fell to the floor.

The two said nothing, locked eyes for a moment and then walked back over to the others in silence. “Okay… Now that that is over, do we have a plan?” Pohatu asked.
“Well… Yes and no,” Onua answered.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Pohatu replied, confused.
“We have a plan… Just not a very good one.” Onua explained.
“Fire away,” Pohatu smiled.
“So, as Lewa explained, there’s no way to get into the lair anywhere other than the entrance on foot, and we can hardly just have Lewa fly in there and take it, far too risky. So we’re going to need somebody to keep the spiders busy while we cut a hole through, or if Lewa finds a way on the inside. Once we’re in, we can incapacitate the lord and take the mask before they’re any the wiser.” Onua elaborated.
“Well, who’ll be bait?” Lewa inquired.
“I suggest Tahu,” Pohatu replied.
“I wonder why,” Kopaka muttered to himself.
“What was that?” Tahu demanded.
“Be quiet, you two!” Onua cut in.
“I guess I’ll be bait then.” Tahu said dejectedly.

The Vonahk Lord couldn’t have possibly seen it coming, a Toa charging right through the main gate? Suicide. It set the Vonahk on him with the mask and went back to sleep.

Tahu did exactly as he was told: be as loud and obvious as possible. The little beasts were everywhere, so many of them, too many. No Tahu, steel yourself, you have the mask now, no problem at all. The fire blasted in all directions, charring the creatures left and right. This would be easier than he thought.

Lewa landed on the other side. It looked a lot worse down here than it did in the air, the webs were everywhere and the constant movement of so many Vonahk in on place had churned up the ground into a muddy mess in which grass refused to grow.

He searched for a place to get over to the other side, he noticed a fallen tree that had taken out a fair bit of the webbing in the area, the tree had only fallen recently and the spiders hadn’t had the chance to patch over the gap.

The four Toa, the five Protectors, Jaller, Tupeke and Hop waited in silence. “Psst,” Lewa whispered, “I’ve found a way in!”

They were becoming more and more numerous, and Tahu’s fire could not keep them at bay much longer. He tried to use his mask of shielding, but the enemies were too numerous, he could not anticipate all their attacks. Come on, come on! I can’t give in! But it was no use, the spiders overpowered him. They covered him, and one of them replaced his mask with themselves. Tahu felt a new conscience forcing itself upon his own, he tried to fight it, to remove the little parasite, but to no avail.

In moments the creature had discovered everything about the Toa, his memories, his thoughts, all in its power. It fed this information to the Lord, which was once again awoken from its slumber. It was slightly surprised that the Toa had snuck up on it, not for long though. The Vonahk were ordered to enslave them all.

Another voice in Tahu’s mind spoke: FIND THE TOA, DEFEAT THE TOA
No, I don’t want to!
DEFEAT THE TOA
No, no, no! Get out of my head!
FIND THE TOA, DEFEAT THE TOA
Stop! I’m in control! This is my hea-
DEFEAT THE TOA
No! I… I…
FIND THE TOA
Defeat the Toa. Find the Toa, defeat the Toa…

The group had found the Lord, and it was not happy. It spat webbing at Korgot, pinning her down, but she was quickly freed by her comrades. Lewa engulfed it in a mini twister that spun it high into the air. It was then hit by a rather large rock from Pohatu and on its way down was greeted by an elevated mound of dirt from Onua. It lay, stunned and twitching, as the Toa advanced towards the mask controlling the Vonahk.

They didn’t reach it, however, as Tahu and the Vonahk themselves arrived, surrounding them. “Well that’s just great! Tahu’s under their control!” Jaller exclaimed.
“Who thought it was a good idea to only send Tahu to distract them?” Kivoda complained.
“Well look on the bright side,” Onua countered, “without the gold mask Tahu won’t be anywhere near as powerful as normal!”
“Less talking, more fighting!” Nilkuu interrupted. The group braced themselves for battle.

Spikes began to jut up from the ground, blaster fire was flung in all directions, Vonahk were suddenly frozen on the spot, gale force winds roared through the battlefield and what very little water surrounded them was used rather effectively. “Someone has to free Tahu of their control!” Onua bellowed over the howling of the air and the mortal screeches of the Rahi beasts.
“On it!” Gali called back as she advanced towards him.

Their weapons clashed, the spider-like mask hissed at her. She swung her weapon down from the right, then left, tried some jabs from the trident end and was promptly disarmed. She was knocked on her back, blades to her throat. Gali cursed herself.

She decided to try one last trick: “Tahu! I know you’re in there! We may not know each other very well, or maybe we do: it’s hard to tell. But if I’ve learned one thing about you, it’s that you don’t give up this easily! Fight it Tahu, fight its control! We can only win when we follow the three Virtues! Remember them! We must stand together in Unity, our Duty is to save this island, and our Destiny is to succeed! FIGHT THEM TAHU!”

What came next was a clear struggle within him, Tahu’s movements becoming seemingly hesitant and twitchy, and an audible yell being emitted.
DEFEAT HER, DEFEAT THE TOA
No! You don’t control me!
DEFEAT THE TOA
I control me! This is my head, you don’t belong here!
DEFEAT HER
“GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” Tahu bellowed, in a violent spasm tearing the retched creature from his face. He blasted out flames in all directions about as intensely as he could in this great state of weakness. “We’ve got Tahu back!” Lewa whooped.
“Now we might actually win!” Jaller cheered.

The United group, now bolstered by the morale of Tahu’s release, battled valiantly. But, in the end, the Vonahk were too much for them. It was almost too late, but suddenly the figure in lime returned. He tossed Tahu’s golden mask down to it’s owner: “I picked this up on my way, thought you might find use for it!”
The creatures began to be picked off, with immense accuracy from a nearby tree. They soon realized where he was located and began an advance upon him.

“You need to split up!” Phantoka called down to them as he found a new vantage point, “The Lord uses the mask to control them all! If you split up, it’ll need to focus on several places at once, and I might be able to have a shot at it!”

With a plan in mind, the group scattered outwards, much to the chagrin of the Vonahk Lord. It tried to deal with them all at once, that wasn’t working. The group made their attacks from different sides and all directions, making it difficult to be pinned down. The Vonahk spread out to accommodate them all, spreading their forces thinly. And to the Lord, being in control of them all, it was akin to being attacked on all sides.

Phantoka had found a new vantage point, and was taking aim. The Vonahk Lord was too focused on the Toa and Matoran attacking its minions to think on him. It was in his sights. He fired. The creature screeched.

Kulta knew of and understood the pain of the Lord, even from this distance, as they were mentally linked. “The Toa are close!” He exclaimed at this revelation.
“You there!” He said, pointing to a nearby skeleton, “Gather up a small battalion and march to the lair of the Vonahk Lord. We shall give the Toa a greeting they wont forget!”

The Vonahk Lord was quick to discern the location of its attacker, and promptly spat a glob of webbing at the spot. Phantoka tried his best to leap out of the way, but the sticky projectile just managed to catch his leg and he was slammed against a tree. He could however still aim, even upside down, and managed to let off another shot at the Lord. Its screech signified another successful hit.

Phantoka then turned his attention to potentially freeing himself. He activated his own elemental powers, and managed to bend back the tree he was stuck to so that he was the right way up, in a sort of awkward kneeling position.

Before he could do anything else, he heard the all-too familiar chittering of the Vonahk as they made their way up the tree. He thought fast, using the sharp blade section of his weapon to cut his leg free and got into battle stance.

Kopaka took out Vonahk left and right with his spear, freezing and stabbing. Some he flung away by knocking them with his shield. There was something inherently annoying about the sheer number of them. Maybe it was the noise, maybe it was the seeming hopelessness as new ones filled the gaps that were made where its brethren had fallen, and maybe still it was something else entirely. Whatever it was, it drove Kopaka to get rid of them as soon as possible.

Another of them met a bad end at the blade of Phantoka’s weapon, stuck onto it like a bit of meat on a spit. Phantoka shook it off of it. He looked around him, there wasn’t very much living plantlife he could use to his advantage, that was annoying. However, he was doing a good job getting rid of them by himself. But this was only a distraction, he NEEDED to get back to the task at hand. If he wanted it to work out as planned, at least.

He decided to get the attention of one of the Toa: Lewa would do. “Lewa!” He yelled, slashing at another of the creatures, “I could use some assistance!” Lewa was quick to answer the call, arriving soon after and alighting on the tree next to him. “Ah, there you are! Make sure the Vonahk don’t reach me so I can focus on aiming!” Phantoka commanded.
“Will do!” Lewa called back as he got to work.

His sights fell upon the Lord once again. “Come on, come on!” He muttered, “Right between the eyes!” Just as he fired, one of the Vonahk managed to get through, nearly knocking him off the tree and making his shot miss wildly. “Lewa! You were supposed to keep them off me!” Phantoka snapped.
“Sorry!” Lewa apologized. Phantoka grumbled something incoherent and returned to aiming.

Tahu was doing a good job holding off the Vonahk, fortunately. He tried not to let the fact they had beaten him once get to him. It’s been a massive stab to his ego and he still felt the burning shame. It made him angry. He used that to his advantage, channeling his frustrations into his elemental fire. The flames roared and spat at the creatures, giving them burns and causing much distress.

Tahu looked up to Phantoka’s vantage point: What’s taking him so long?
“HEY!” he called up to him, “We won’t be able to hold them off forever! We need you to take that shot: now!”
“Well how about you try aiming while Vonahk are attacking you and then we’ll talk!” came his reply. Tahu growled as he tried to think of a clever retort of his own. His effort failed. Instead he just grumbled and returned to getting rid of as many of the little parasites as he could.

He’s right, I need to make this one count. Phantoka thought to himself, Here goes nothing.

To be continued…

1 Like

Guys, we need to talk, seriously. :stuck_out_tongue: Regarding the future of the MBs especially – since it’s not here.

What is there to talk about?

http://legomessage.boards.net

I think there’s a lot to talk about.

And…? I was never a RPer to begin with.

It’s more than that. The first link preserves the Gen 1 BIONICLE RP and all offshoots of it on the main forum. A few of your friends are there. The second link houses the entire MBs. We have somewhere in the number of 130 members at present and constantly growing. We are also working on archiving the whole stinking MBs into downloadable files. It’s worth checking out, especially since the format is closer to the MBs than this.

Okay…
I’ve brought everything I need over to this, and this trumps the MBs in every conceivable way anyhow. The only things I’d be sad to see go would be the Omega Tahu commercial thread (I never got to finish reading it) and maybe that Bionicle the Next chapter RP, even if only to see it all play out.

I respectfully disagree (I don’t exactly love the community here, the constant scrolling causes pains to my browser and my eyes, and this will have very few MBers while the other sites will continue to grow), but it’s your choice.

Well, it’s not like scrolling is going to be different anywhere else, the edit function is incredibly handy, you can actually chat in real time without having to wait an eternity for moderation to happen (and then re-post, because apparently the first time was “off topic”) and you can do something about bottom-feeding trolls rather than simply hope the moderation team actually cares enough to look at your complaint.

And besides (hey editing!) I think Jayzor, Tiche and BBricks are enough for now.

As a side-note, so you DID answer the summons (Eventually)! Victory!

The moderation is common-sense at LMBE (I’m a mod there), and since it’s divided into pages there’s less scrolling and therefore less lag per page. There’s also an edit function. Reports are also our top priority at LMBE. Please don’t make assumptions.

(Hey editing) That’s fair. They are all on LMBE, of course… :stuck_out_tongue:
Yep. I did. I finally checked TTV after looking at your convos.