My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

It’s alright, but I do love the fandom. The first convention I’ve been to was for bronies, and I’ve met some fine blokes through it.

But enough with the fandom talk, this thread is about the show itself, isn’t it?
I like the animation style, and the overall production quality keeps on getting better season after season. The story is nothing to write home about but the way the main characters interact with each other feels natural and they develop in a satisfying way. Not talking about the Twilight’s wings here. It felt really early for her to ascend to godhood but in the end it was the logical conclusion to her friendship lessons.

3 Likes

inviting @Toa_Ignicus @btmdreadnought

BTW, spoilers but

cough cough Epic fight cough cough

2 Likes

I like the show, but my opinions on it are not the… ah, commonly accepted logic.

1 Like

shrugs

everyone’s entitled to their own opinions. Besides, There’s still season 5 to wait for…

3 Likes

Indeed; that I am looking forward to.

4 Likes

speaking of which, seems the season premier(or atleast one of the episodes) will feature a mind-controlled town of ponies. Wonder how that’ll turn out

3 Likes

Looks like it’ll be the season premiere. I guess it could be interesting, but I’ve found that I generally like the mid-season Slice Of Life episodes more. (That being said, A Canterlot Wedding and Mare In The Moon were pretty fantastic for being adventure episodes.)

3 Likes

It’s the Krana!

1 Like

This was definitely one of the better fights. But it went from having tons of magic power, to going straight up OP. And OP characters aren’t really my favorite thing. Still a very cool fight though, even though her tree house had to go, to make way for that stupid toy castle thing…

3 Likes

Twilight went SUPER SAIYAN

2 Likes

@JMP …what? Why invite me?

I don’t watch it for the same reason I don’t watch anime or TV in general: sitting in front of a TV for half an hour or more really bothers me unless it’s a video game or something really interesting, like Star Wars

2 Likes

Ah…

Well…
erm…

shrugs

I’ll just go to the corner then…

April 4th is the Season 5 premiere date, GET HYPED! :smile:

I must say there are a lot of coincidences between the two. Bionicle G1 ended in 2010, the same year that MLP started. And then you add on the use of same voice actors, and the shared plot points, and you get one of the reasons that I love Friendship is Magic.

I’ve been watching the show ever since Season 4 started, a brony friend of mine got me to watch the first few episodes of Season 1 and, although there are a lot of “girly” elements, it is a very good show when looked at objectively. I love the characters, humor, and most of the writing. I watched all of Season 1 over the course of two months, then I marathoned all of Seasons 2 and 3 in the timespan of one day, and then I watched Season 4 as it came out. Yes, you can call me a hardcore Brony now, but I only watch the show. I’m not really involved in anything else Pony related.

btw Fluttershy is best Pony. :blush:

Edited for Double Post, Please refrain from doing so again.
~Chronicler

5 Likes

That’s not how you spell Rarity. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

oh? No! You didn’t! readies critter cannon
http://rainbowdash.net/file/twistedspectre-20130605T032400-km3zdwz.jpeg

7 Likes

PINK FLUFFY… Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows!

Luna is best pony.

Luna Republic FOREVER!

2 Likes

Fluttershy is best pony.
Chrysalis is best changeling.

4 Likes

Uh… Chrysalis is the only named Changeling.

So yeah… Let’s start taking sides:
Celestia Empire, or Luna Republic. I have taken my side. Take yours… Now!

2 Likes

Changelings. We’re like the Insurrectionists from Halo, in the sense we want our own way. Differing from the main two powers. And like the Drones and Flood combined into a Pony.
Drone:

1 Like

I’m all for the Grand Cadence Oligarchy.

3 Likes