4 Likes

Greek fool.

3 Likes

^
I

Same reply!

The
Wendigo.
I have always loved this thing. For one, its a freakin CANNIBAL SPIRIT WITH ELDRITCH PHYSIOLOGY two very creepy things. Another thing is how it looked, and I’m not talking about the Supernatural’s bullcrap portrayal of the thing, no son, the wendigo is a deerheaded killing machine of awesomeness, not some stickfigure with fangs.

This is a wendigo. And while yes technically the stickfigure is a possible wendigo form, let’s face it, this thing is so much freakier. Plus Umarak kinda looks like one so that’s fun.

But the real reason I love this thing is because despite how few people know about it (and the ones that do are commonly through until dawn and supernatural which uses the stickman portrayal) is that this thing has been kinda following me throughout my life. I picked up a horror book, something about a wendigo as a wind spirit. Disregard it and do a research topic on mental illnesses two years later, bam, I get cannibalism and learn more about the wendigo. I install an app a year or so ago which uses your location to choose which monsters you fight, boom, where I live is crawling with wendigo.
So yes, wendigo are awesome, continue on with your lives

3 Likes

Why is that image so funny?

I have a sick sense of humor.

How about dem skinwalkers, ey?

I love all the world’s myths ever Greek with some stories, where they turns Men and Women into Animals and Objects. Others have the Heroes do Heroic Things to We’ve have a war going on to Let’s have someone or something eating/killing those souls until the Hero defeats he/■■■■■■. Norse Myths have Thor tries to kills a giant snake until Norse’ End Times to Oh Loki to Viking Sagas. Egyptian Myths are cool because they have the souls going to the underworld,and stuff. I found the Asian Dragon to be must cooler than it’s European Counterpart.

1 Like

I remember a play I was in for an english project, I was Loki.

1 Like

I’ve always been a “fan” of Greco-Roman mythology. More recently, I’ve learned a bit about Norse, Egyptian, and even Maori mythology. It’s fascinating to compare and contrast them all.

5 Likes

Man I always loved Greek and Egyption, the gods were so cool. My favourites being Hades (Invisibility helmet man!) and Ra (Golden flying chariot also WINGED DRAGON OF RA!) so I appreciate all the peeps who also had an interest in them! Also yah the contrast and such is so coooooooool! Also @Cyclopian is Tom hiddlson Confirmed!

4 Likes

And that gif reminded me:

I HIGHLY recommend Stargate SG-1 to anyone with an interest in mythology! The basic premise of the show is that most mythological figures were actually aliens. By the end of the show they had characters from several different mythological traditions.

3 Likes

There’s so many mythologies out there, I can’t choose which one is my favorite. If I have to choose it’s Japanese Mythology.

That is all.

1 Like

http://s2.excoboard.com/forums/10026/user/89805/130454.jpg
Dažbog, Main Slavic God and the God of Lightning, the Sun, and the heavens.

Also most depictions of Dažbog were later incorporated into the images of Western Christian God.

Apparently the western plebeians used it for their eye of providence as well, lewl.

1 Like

this
is
amazing

I’m surprised that no one else has mentioned that a certain author got them interested in Greek and Roman mythology yet. That’s the case for me.

To be a bit more unique, I remember learning about Norse mythology in third grade. I learned little besides the fact that I liked it.

1 Like

Recently I’ve been reading a ton into Irish mythology (mostly for comics). As such, I’ve studied up on Merrows, Dullahan, Fetches, and other Irish monsters. There’s also legends on St. Patrick, which I found pretty neat. It’s pretty underrated stuff in my opinion.

1 Like

I always loved the Greek Mythology. My favorite Greek God/Goddess is Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom, warfare, etc.

1 Like

I like Japanese mythological creatures very much. My favorites are Kappa, water creatures and Kitsune, fox spirits. I also love that Japanese have both benevolent Asian-style dragons, and evil eight-headed dragon in Orochi. Orochi is cool in general. He not only has eight heads, but also eight tails.

My own country has Vodník. It is a water-dwelling creature that sometimes lures people to water, drowns them, and keeps their souls in closed cups, but sometimes, they are depicted as good. Both depictions prominently feature in children’s media. They are also for some reason almost as popular as gnomes when comes to garden ornaments in my country.

Sirens are also cool, especial original depiction in Greek Mythology as woman-headed birds. And then there is Lernean Hydra, who is so overpowered that one of the heads is immortal, and Heracles could only defeat her by trapping the deathless head below a giant boulder.

I just apparently like water creatures.

Sphinxes are also cool. Greek Sphinx is really interesting take on man-eating creature in that she can be reasoned with. She will not eat you if you answer her question correctly. (The Sphinx is like a mean teacher in that aspect. Is this joke even funny? That is the question. -jk) And Egyptian Sphinx is this benevolent guardian of pyramids, but he unfortunately lacks wings.

3 Likes