Naruto Series

One of the most popular anime ever made. This show was what really introduced me into anime, and that’s probably the case for quite a few people on here. The show was my obsession when I was about 10-14 years old, and it still holds a special place in my heart. I know this show wasn’t objectively the best, it definitely has some aspects that aren’t good, mainly that it ran for WAY too long (I finally dropped it somewhere in the 300’s during Shippuden’s run), but it did still have some strong aspects, and I don’t regret watching it, as it both got me into anime, and a lot of other things that have opened my mind in ways that are hard to explain. Talk about your favorite moments, least favorite moments, and how you may or may not have been that kid to run with your arms behind your back in school.

1 Like

We cant haver a Naruto topic without this:

3 Likes

I remember watching Naruto with a friend of mine back when the first fansubs were surfacing. I think I saw around a hundred episodes, until the big fight between Sasuke and Naruto in their powered up forms by the waterfall.

I never got back to the series and I don’t feel like I’ve missed anything. Hearing Fighting Dreamers brings a warm smile on my face, though.

1 Like

I watched this show for a while before getting bored of it around episode 40 or so.

1 Like

I’m somewhere in the middle of the original series right now. It’s nowhere near perfect (the pacing is painfully slow at times, the dialogue can be kinda blegh), but on the whole it’s a fun series and I like most of the characters.

2 Likes

This got me into same gender ships I mean… it got me back into anime when I rewatched it.

I watched the spoiler alert Deidera Sasuke fight and it was fairly fun.

When I rewatched it, it was really fun and got me back into anime.

1 Like

This was one of my favorites for a while. I’ve always been Ninjas over Pirates, but I watched One Piece just as faithfully. Over time I grew to like One Piece’s story way more, but Naruto was still prominent enough that I made some OC’s for it.

Back in 2006 when the Chunin Exam arc was airing on Cartoon Network, I created a Grass Village genin team. The story deviated after that arc, into my own arcs, and has since grown exponentially. It’s currently still growing, with around 80 recurring characters (well over 100 characters total). It’s gotten to the point where I’m invested in the series purely because of my OC story, instead of the actual canon story. And though I’ve made OCs for other shows, this one is by far my most developed.

1 Like

And it’s still going?

That’s what I call dedication.

2 Likes

That’s really cool. I’ve struggled the few times I’ve tried to make Naruto OCs; the possibilities for what sort of jutsu they could use just feel too open.

2 Likes

Granted, I go spans of time without adding anything new. I do that writing style Phweff mentioned on a podcast (let it grow on its own). So it tends to take a while for something new to pop up.

Yeah, I can see that. Though, I haven’t had that issue myself.

3 Likes
* Naruto run ensues *
1 Like