Necromorph Toa

Even with the colors explained doesn’t make them good choices. I see what you were going for, and I like the design itself, but the colors need to be reworked.

What I would suggest doing is have this color set up.
The colors of the original being, blue and black in this cade
A color for the corrupted necromorph parts, say brown or something
And a metallic color to accent it, like bits of armor just barely clinging on.

I don’t think the pustules are all that necessary, but there’s nothing necessarily wrong with them.

I was going for the Idea that the organic and inorganic parts of the toa would look different, and that they would both be mutated and used to reinforce the body,
I read up on necromorph biology when making this so that it would be more accurate,

I can see why you wouldn’t like the colors, but going off how necromorphs reconfigure matter in the dead space canon, the colors and their placement actually make a lot of sense.

(I hope this doesn’t come across as stubborn or rude.)

the problem here is that necromorphs use pretty much all organic colors and various tones and hues. So while there are distinct colors, they all blend nicely.

You can’t do that with a bionicle build because the vast array of colors simply isn’t there. So there’s ultimately only 2 solutions. Follow the Necromorph design philosophy as you did, but given the limited color pallet you will end up with the skittles monster as I will now effectively call him.

Or you can make it more unified, which will bring it closer to how it looks in the games, and a bit more aesthetically pleasing, but forgoes accuracy.

Both methods are equally valid, I simply feel that because of the way Bionicle is, simplification is key to a good looking build. That’ just my opinions though.

1 Like

on the ishimura the rainbow tastes you!

sorry.

necromorphs are supposed to look grotesque, so I guess the skittles colors help that.

if I was going for a necromorph moc, I would agree completely, but I was going for a toa necromorph, so the colors work for it.

artistic differences, agree to disagree?

Yeah, disagreeing is the only way it’s gonna work out because I don’t find it grotesque, I find it funny.

1 Like

well grotesque from a moccist’s perspecive, so rainbow. the aviators pic probably doesn’t help.

most of my other mocs(in other words not my terribad contest entries) have fairly consistent color schemes, so I guess this is the odd one out.

Ok now that top picture with the red effect is horrifying!
Also, interesting moc concept, the best part is the one you made is just showcasing one of the many forms these things could take!