New Bionicle Rituals?

Whenever I build a new set they’re positioned like a T-model until it’s finished.

1 Like

I used to have a tradition where I used my thumbnail to carefully slice the packaging to open canisters without doing much damage to the labels.

Can’t really do that nowadays though.

Everything’s fancy shmancy cardboard boxes now.

4 Likes

I sort out the new and interesting pieces from the rest and examine them before building the model.

2 Likes

Is it weird that I have done most of these rituals at least once?

1 Like

Like everyone else,I put the mask on last,then I play with the set(s) for 2-3 weeks,then Display them and dismantle the old set(s) that were on display( for and Example, when I got the 2016 sets,I put them in the place of 2015 sets),then film a Stop motion featuring the set(s)…yep…

1 Like

I used to close one eye and put a mask over my other eye to see how it would feel looking through the mask

4 Likes

I used yo do that, but now I can only do it with my rurus:(

I also do that. But sometimes I put up the mask to a light, like Tahu in the 2001 animations. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is what inspired me to ask greg if masks inhibit peripheral vision. Turns out, they don’t!

2 Likes

Me and one of my friends did the skype calls as the TTV crew did the announcement video with Kanohis over our faces :smile: That time was awesome :smile:

1 Like

If Pohatu is in the wave, I always get him first.
The only exception was 2008, and that year wasn’t exactly the greatest year for sets…

5 Likes

I made a ton of interesting recolours, they look (IMHO) real good. Also, when I can, I buy dupes and bring them to the checkout with a smile that could easily fit a train between the two corners of my mouth. :smile:

1 Like

I always hide my boxes away.

Then no one knows whether or not these ets are bricklinked or bought.

2 Likes

Rituals?

/s
No seriously, I have no rituals save that I keep the instructions just in case.

13 Likes

When building my MOC, first I take pictures, and replace some of the other MOC’s spots with my newly ones, so I can admire my work. Other than that, there is no real ritual.

2 Likes

When I got new sets I used to make them fight with my MOCs and they would tear the new set apart for the new pieces.

1 Like

I sacrifice the nearest av-toran and then I chant some makutanic sayings before I build bonkles

3 Likes

If I get the Toa all at once I usually build them in this (elemental) order : stone, air (jungle), water, fire, ice, earth.
Sometimes I build the sets from the smallest to the biggest (I’m talking about the parts count) instead.

1 Like

Why that order?