Nex 4.0

Acquired some bootleg parts in the old shade of green. So I threw together this Nex MOC.

Back

Prisma

48 Likes

4.0… So Breakout?
Just kidding, the moc is very good and very interesting.

1 Like

good job! who doesn’t love bootleg parts?

jk, I hate bootlegs. but this is good, I doubt you could make it without them bootlegs.

Why do you hate bootlegs? There’d be no need to buy them if LEGO didn’t abandon the line. But since they’re never going to make new pieces, bootleg parts are our only option for getting new colors and molds.

2 Likes

let’s just say I like to stck with the actual legos… and I make do in a case such as this. It makes it a challenge and more fun…

plus, I doubt there’s any really decent 3rd party sellers around me that sell this kinda thing… at least at a decent price for a good quality.

2 Likes

not enough orange to be nex imo, still good regardless.

I love Nex (despite never owning a version), so it makes me happy to see this MOC! Bootleg parts annoy a bit, but I don’t count that against a MOC or MOCist. Well done!

1 Like

Yeah you’d have to buy them online. AliExpress is the best site for bootLegos. The quality brands are Ynynoo, Lepin, and XSV.

LEPIN?!

well, I suppose that one’s ok… I just get ticked when they copy all of lego’s sets.

1 Like

looks like the NEX big thing

1 Like

Wow!! This MOC is awsome!

1 Like

The stacked shoulder cannons look a bit strange, but could be worse

I would have preferred to create a 2 x 2 missle “pod”. But I couldn’t figure out a way to do it that wasn’t clunky and ugly looking.

@Antroz2007 Thanks man

@Bloodarchmage I see what you did there. You’re a very punny guy!

1 Like

A Hero Factory MOC! reeeeee intensifies

In all seriousness, stellar job on this guy! Good color blocking, ingenious accessories (super smart use of that 2.0 goggle piece on the gauntlet. You’re inspiring me to go and dig out some of my old HF 2.0 torso and head pieces and get MOCing :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks! You should definitely whip out your HF parts and post some MOCs here. There are way too few HF MOCs getting published these days.

2 Likes

Very nice. I like the use of the Furno eye piece as a wrist gun.

1 Like

Great job! I don’t have any experience with HF but I really like the color scheme of this guy and his mask and weapon system are really interesting. I also dig the double layering of armor pieces on the shins and thighs.

1 Like

and @vorovaxx Thanks. I never thought green & orange would work as a color scheme. But it looks ok. The original character had white instead of gray. I tried that, but it looked too garish for my tastes.

1 Like

dude, well done!
your builds never dissapoints me, keep it going man!

2 Likes