Nihilau - Toa of Air

Hey again everyone! This is another old moc of mine. His name is Nihilau (pronounced NYE-ehh-lau). He’s part of Toa Cynhika’s (Cynhika - Toa of Water) team. Initially, I was only planning to build Cynhika, but around the time I was building her, we were getting our first official news about the Bionicle reboot, so I was really hyped about Toa teams with dual-function weapons. So because of that, I decided to make an entire team of Toa (or rather… half of one because the other half died in my storyline), starting with Cynhika, with Nihilau and Hirgnhis, Toa of Fire following suit. Nihilau wields a pair of “Turbo Tonfas”: bladed tonfas with jet boosters built into them so that he can activate the boosters to increase the speed of his attacks, or use them as a jetpack when they’re on his back.

Being that the three of team, I tried to convey that through all of their construction, by giving them similar torso builds. Like I said before, a lot of my old mocs use inika limbs/torsos and he’s no exception, so sorry about that guys, I promise my new mocs will be entirely custom!

Story wise (full storyline here: My Bionicle Storyline), he’s one of the Toa that first appears during the second part of the first arc. Him and the rest of his team have been harassing the To-Kuta occupying New Atero by using cheap tactics like hit-and-run and outnumbering their enemies.

I’m planning to build a revamp of him soon, loosely based on Crosshairs from Transformers Age of Extinction. This revamp is supposed to represent how he looks like at the end of the first arc and throughout the second and third arcs. If you guys have any ideas to contribute to the revamp I’d love to hear them!

Bio coming soon!

29 Likes

I like this a lot. However, I feel like the trans- dark green Visorak eyes look out of place since all the other trans parts are lime (excluding the brain piece). Other that that little nitpick, this is a nice MOC.

This looks awesome, I love the two blaster.

@Chromeharpoon Good call! I didn’t even realize that those were the only bits of trans-dark green he had on him

1 Like