Ninjago 2016 General Discussion

This just completely changed my perspective. Thanks.

http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=8621

BZP’s posted it, and we now know what the Airjitzu Battle Grounds looks like. Shame there isn’t a skeleton with devil horns. XP

To note:

• X cave uses the Kopaka blade in the skull construction, and multiple of those cross guard blades.
  • Airjitzu Nya and Lloyd come with the ABG.
  • The Radar has some flames now, and Cole’s section can eject, as shown on the box. Kai is also exclusive.
  • Kryptarium still sucks. XP

@prpldragon, @Mesonak, @Eljay.

1 Like

I like how the set contain 666 pieces. :ghost:

3 Likes

Wow, these are cooooooool.

Yes! I was a big fan of the airjitzu minifigs and we had one of the spinners. (Jay) Nya looks great! as does Lloyd but he looks a bit more generic.

OK, let’s try to revive this topic now that the new Ninjago sets are officially out in some countries.

Today I got the Rock Roader and I have to say it has definitely exceeded my expectations. I bought it mostly for Cole with those great transparent arms, but I’m so impressed I thought I’d share my thoughts.

First off, the minifigure selection is really good, though the stone warriors are somewhat generic. But personally I’m really happy to get them since I actually took a break from Ninjago during „The last Battle“. The Cole minifigure is great as expected and I really like his little green „scar“(?). Also great to see that he has a double sided face.
I didn’t really care about Nelson, since I stopped watching the show, but he is a really funny minifigure (especially his backprinting). What I really like about him is that he is holding a Ninjago trading card (the ones from the spinners) on a 2x1 tile. It goes really well with the ones from the Temple of Airjitzu.
The build itself looks really good and in my opinion has the best wheel suspension of every LEGO set to date. This suspension ties nicely into the play feature. When the car is pressed down the shooter at the front fires when the car is driving. For those who dislike stud shooters (like me): you can exchange the shooting function for a spinning drill at the front.
The villains build is nothing special but a nice addition overall.
The best feature of this set for me has to be the parts selection. There are many parts in new colours (at least I’m pretty sure they’re new) like the ski poles in pearl gold, or the round 1x1 studs with a hole also in pearl gold, or those new curved pipes in gunmetal grey. There are surprisingly many unusual Technic parts used, which is nice, since I’m mostly a system builder and got many new interesting parts out of this.

The only thing I’m not really content with is the price. Though the price per piece ratio seems reasonable, the finished model looks more like a 30€ set than a 40€ one. Though I guess this price is justified by the many new pieces. There are also many pieces you can’t see, which are used for the play feature.

Overall this is a great looking set with a really interesting and intriguing building process and a great parts selection, though it may be a little bit too expensive.

EDIT: Just realised that there’s space for three minifigures overall, since you can seat two minifigures in the cockpit. With some modding this could become a low budget Stealth Raider :smile:

1 Like

Nice to hear! I may have to get some of these sets, however I kinda wish there was a Kai set.

1 Like

Agreed, I would like a vehicle for every Ninja in one wave.
But I’m still hoping for a continuation of this “villains return” theme in winter (especially hoping for Samukai and Morro to join the other villains).

1 Like

Well. Kai is my favorite ninja and I used to collect all of his vehicles. So more would be great. XP

Ninja Go? Never heard of it. Is it related to the Ninja theme that came out last year?

http://img.dooyoo.de/DE_DE/orig/1/2/9/7/3/1297392.jpg

2 Likes

Uhm…Likus…

Uhhh…This is 2016, not 1999…

2 Likes

So Ninja still exists in seventeen years? Awesome, I can’t wait to collect every one :grinning:

Are you a time traveler?

Uhg, how could you not know? What is wrong with you.

/s

Uhm…Not quite, it ended in the early 2000’s and then a new line, Ninjago. Came out in 2011.

1 Like

@Lost_Head

My calendar says it’s June 1st, 1999. I just got this train set on sale at TRU. It’s got a cool folding box and tons of minifigures!

@RaptorTalon

Aw that’s too bad. New characters look awesome though, especially that black dude that looks like Darth Maul.

1 Like

Noo… I like the Kryptarium. Well, not the actual structure. It’s a generic city prison. But the mini figures are so good for that price range.

2 Likes

I just realized the card thing- it’s Kendo Cole, of course.