Ninjago 2017 General Discussion

To quote Greg: Real life physics doesn’t apply in Bionicle, unless scientists discovered Protodermis yesterday and I wasn’t told about it."

And actually, in Ninjago, you can’t travel through time unless you have something immensely powerful, like the Mega Weapon and the combined power of the Time Masters. I actually rather like that.

Just for fun, though, let’s address the science. Travelling backward in time, sans the ultimate time jump at the finale, seems to be more just “rewinding time a bit.” It’s not like you can go back in time and meet your past self or create a paradox, you can only bring back memories of what’s about to happen.
And jumping forward in time is just fanciful teleportation – you jump to where you will be in a few seconds or so. Essentially pausing time for everyone else, but in reverse. Based on the animation when this happens, the air does seem to “pop”, so to speak, around the user.

~W12~

i personally think that season 7 had one of the best villain forces in Ninjago so far with the Vermillion and the Hands of Time. I actaully hope that Krux and Acronix returns as the main antagonist for season 8 and the remaining seasons of Ninjago (if Ninjago is going to end in 2020). It would be so nice to have some main antagonists again since after Garmadon’s reform.

I’ve heard this several times, but where does this piece of information come from?

Speaking of which, would you count Yang as a short time returning villain? They teased him for two seasons before his first (and last) full fledged villainous attack on Ninjago.

Perhaps tomorrow we will get a new trailer but it’s still not sure.

Official Set names from Brickset:

Official list of what minifigures will be included in the sets.

Spinjitzu Training (70606) – 9.99€
Kai
Zane

Ninjago City Chase (70607) – 19.99€
Lloyd Garmadon
Nya
Shark Army Thug
Ham
Officer Toque

Manta Ray Bomber (70609)- 29.99€
Cole
Shen-Li
Great White
Shark Army Gunner

Water Strider (70611) – 39.99€
Nya
Kai
Shark Army Thug
Puffer

Green Ninjao Mech Dragon (70612) – 49.99€
The Green Ninjago
Wu
Garmadon
Charlie

Lightning Jet (70614) – 59.99€
Jay
Ed
Edna
Crusty
Shark Army Thug
Jelly

Fire Mech (70615) – 69.99€
Kai
Zane
Lauren
Henry
Hammer Head
Jelly

Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon (70617) – 99.99€
Jungle Garmadon
Cole
Kai
Nya
Jay
Lloyd
Zane

Destiny’s Bounty (70618) – 169.99€
Kai
Jay
Zane
Nya
Cole
Lloyd
Wu

LEGO Juniors Shark Attack (10793) – 19.99€
Kai
Lloyd
Great White

Ed and Edna are back baby!

2 Likes

Those photos are leaks, and any distribution of them falls under our Leak Policy. I repeat, they are leaked and if anyone is caught distributing them, they will be permanently banned with no chance at returning.

6 Likes

That’s very nice.

So I’ve been looking at some sets and I’ve notice something.

[details=May contain Spoilers]
In the Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon set, it contain a minifig statue wearing the snake armor from Hands of Time; however at the back of the display show off a small serpent display which uses the 2017 snake mold.
I’m unaware what the plat translate or what is the Ultimate Ultimate weapon, but the set may hint that the movie has a cross connection between the main theme.
https://i.imgur.com/rH0dGpe.jpg[/details]

2 Likes

They’re probably just reusing assets that are currently in production this year because it’s a cheap solution.

Or heck, it could just be a cheeky little reference for the fans.

The Bounty has just about every armor/headgear piece from past enemies in it; an Aeroblade, Garmy’s helmet, Vermillion armor, Anacondrai skull, and even the Djinn Blade hilt all made it into the contents:

(I’m not too sure about this one, but it looks pretty much like the Djinn Blade hilt to me, sans axeheads and blade of course)

So yeah; pretty much old villain references, but you can never be too sure

1 Like

Maybe the Time travel plotline in Hands of Time causes a change to the timeline and results in the movieverse. That would mean that the show and movie are technically the same continuity.

~W12~

nah. It does not make much sence how altering the past would cause Ninjago to be alterd into the movieverse timeline which is just about the LEGO toyline, while Ninjago tv show is about a real world. It would be a to extreme alteration which would not make much sence.

More likely is that the refrences to the past years are ither meant as easter eggs in the movie, or more likely meant to be rewriten as being tied to past battles against Lord Garmadon and his army.

Nobody noticed Jay tickling one of the giant stone statues…seems he found a new friend.

Screw that; he already has a girlfriend that totally won’t leave him because a useless relationship plot device said so better be his girl in the movie or 9 brick-built WB execs are going to the melting room.

Oh btw some people over at EB are theorizing the Bounty costing $160-$170, based on the £170 price alone. I’m pretty sure that’s kinda bull and it’s at least $180.

Edit: oh, and this:

Double-edit: new poster. Don’t be surprised if there’s a triple-edit:
https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/njgo_vert_dom_main_2764x4096_master.jpg?w=1800
From here.

1 Like

…Wut?

…Again, wut? That has nothing to do with my comment.

Got the crossed-out part pretty right, but kinda forgot what to continue with after. Stuff happened, but it’s a reference to the Jya ship I guess. :wink:

I guess something about Jay not needing friends or something. IDK what I was thinking at the time.

Oookaaay… Next topic.
Which one is your favorite set?

Is that a question? The Bounty, of course.

Yeah yeah. Everyone loves that ship. But beside that set.