Ninjago 2017 General Discussion

And on this day, my hype for the movie died.
@Mesonak, @prpldragon @RaptorTalon

7 Likes

What has Zane been smoking?

4 Likes

I do not like the look of that. None of the characters really look like themselves.

2 Likes

zane’s face, Lloyds face, Kai’s hair…

the TTV podcast members will most likely be laughing for the most part when they talk about this, i just know it.

1 Like

Oh my gosh I love everything about this.

Zane is certainly a robot…His hair looks awful, but the entire thing looks so spoofy I love it. I do think Jay should still be a redhead though.

Kai’s hair though…XP

It certainly seems like they took the Ninja archetypes and dialed it up to eleven. Kai is still the generic, angsty anime protagonist, Lloyd is the super serious leader dude. Jay is the questioning, clueless, confused and sarcastic guy. Nya is certainly the “I’m strong and independent” type. Cole is certainly the “2 kool 4 skool” full of himself jock type…and Zane…ohmygoshZane…certainly the weird one again.

Me and my little brother just spent five minutes laughing our faces off…wooo boi…this is gonna be great.

3 Likes

i think that is what Kai’s hear would look like if someone would take his normal hair to an extreme anime hair style:

now that i think about it… its possible that this will be more of a parody of the Japanese anime stories or the like than a different version of Ninjago.

infact the creators might have indeed intended this as a “what if Ninjago was made in Japan” or something.

2 Likes

They are clearly just the Ninja’s archetypes, but blown out of proportion.

As I put it to some friends, they clearly dialed up the Ninja’s base personalities until the dial blew off and hit them in the face.

2 Likes

with that in mind, i can’t wait to hear what they and Garmadon sounds like when the trailer is released.

1 Like

YES.

I want that trailer now…I NEED THAT TRAILER NOW!

New avatar bois.

by the way, have anyone brought up the released image of Garmadon here?

its found here: http://screenrant.com/lego-ninjago-image-villain-lord-garmadon/

2 Likes

Garmadon certainly looks like a “Lord” now.

1 Like

based on what is said here: Sneak peek: 'The Lego Ninjago Movie' mixes martial arts and family strife it looks like the LEGO Ninjago Movie is going to be a “mix of the martial-arts genre and Japanese kaiju movies with giant monsters and robots.”

1 Like

I am perfectly okay with this

1 Like

Why

why do they look like bootlegs.

Because its funny?

and its most likely a part of the joke they are going with in the movie.

I’m beginning to really lose interest in this movie.

we will just have to wait and see, the trailer might change your mind.

1 Like

I hope so.

1 Like

Mine has personally spiked. It looks like good, goofy LEGO fun.

2 Likes