Ninjago 2017 General Discussion

May 15th, huh? CN needs to get their game together and kill TTG before it kills them.:pensive:

2 Likes

May is NOT early 2017!!! I know Hands of Time has aired already internationally, but this is just shameful. Shame, shame, shame…

2 Likes

Movie Garmadon looks so much better than TV Garmadon.

1 Like

Such sexism, where is Nya on that promo cloth?

1 Like

why have no one uploaded these yet?

2 Likes

My favorite one of the three is Rise of the Vermillion. It just reminds me of some of The Fold’s earlier works like SKYS and Dear Future

Took the time to trudge through the awful quality Hands of Time episodes on youtube today when I found this gem; the finale in HD and decent audio.

This episode specifically is probably my favorite of the season.

Though to address the season as a whole, Hands of Time turned out to be my second to least favorite season. It’s not horrible- certainly a step above the preceding special, but falls short on properly conveying the characters as they’ve come to arc throughout the series. They just kind of seemed like watered down versions of effectively who they were at the beginning of the show(I’m talking pilot/early season one). This can be most clearly attributed to the lacking presence of the Hageman brothers in writing… It’s like the writers were just given the story bible as their guide for how their personalities should be and didn’t/couldn’t account for the fact that these characters have gone on some pretty insane adventures beforehand- and the inherent character growth that follows. That, and just certain small inaccuracies or odd moments have me coming off this season sort of bitter.

The new characters introduced this time are rather solid though. I dare say that’s partially because I don’t have any expectations as to how they’re supposed to act, but beyond that, they’re actually fairly amusing in their own rights(especially Acronix and Crux). They kept the show interesting while the protagonists were frustratingly inept. They, and just a lot of fun(albeit fundamentally flawed) concepts keep the season just a notch above Possession for me.

Also, the ending puts our ninja in a very interesting place, so I’m still rather excited to see what the future brings for Ninjago’s TV canon.

And no, you don’t need to worry about anything being retconned for the movie canon.

2 Likes

To quote Greg: Real life physics doesn’t apply in Bionicle, unless scientists discovered Protodermis yesterday and I wasn’t told about it."

And actually, in Ninjago, you can’t travel through time unless you have something immensely powerful, like the Mega Weapon and the combined power of the Time Masters. I actually rather like that.

Just for fun, though, let’s address the science. Travelling backward in time, sans the ultimate time jump at the finale, seems to be more just “rewinding time a bit.” It’s not like you can go back in time and meet your past self or create a paradox, you can only bring back memories of what’s about to happen.
And jumping forward in time is just fanciful teleportation – you jump to where you will be in a few seconds or so. Essentially pausing time for everyone else, but in reverse. Based on the animation when this happens, the air does seem to “pop”, so to speak, around the user.

~W12~

i personally think that season 7 had one of the best villain forces in Ninjago so far with the Vermillion and the Hands of Time. I actaully hope that Krux and Acronix returns as the main antagonist for season 8 and the remaining seasons of Ninjago (if Ninjago is going to end in 2020). It would be so nice to have some main antagonists again since after Garmadon’s reform.

I’ve heard this several times, but where does this piece of information come from?

Speaking of which, would you count Yang as a short time returning villain? They teased him for two seasons before his first (and last) full fledged villainous attack on Ninjago.

Perhaps tomorrow we will get a new trailer but it’s still not sure.

Official Set names from Brickset:

Official list of what minifigures will be included in the sets.

Spinjitzu Training (70606) – 9.99€
Kai
Zane

Ninjago City Chase (70607) – 19.99€
Lloyd Garmadon
Nya
Shark Army Thug
Ham
Officer Toque

Manta Ray Bomber (70609)- 29.99€
Cole
Shen-Li
Great White
Shark Army Gunner

Water Strider (70611) – 39.99€
Nya
Kai
Shark Army Thug
Puffer

Green Ninjao Mech Dragon (70612) – 49.99€
The Green Ninjago
Wu
Garmadon
Charlie

Lightning Jet (70614) – 59.99€
Jay
Ed
Edna
Crusty
Shark Army Thug
Jelly

Fire Mech (70615) – 69.99€
Kai
Zane
Lauren
Henry
Hammer Head
Jelly

Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon (70617) – 99.99€
Jungle Garmadon
Cole
Kai
Nya
Jay
Lloyd
Zane

Destiny’s Bounty (70618) – 169.99€
Kai
Jay
Zane
Nya
Cole
Lloyd
Wu

LEGO Juniors Shark Attack (10793) – 19.99€
Kai
Lloyd
Great White

Ed and Edna are back baby!

2 Likes

Those photos are leaks, and any distribution of them falls under our Leak Policy. I repeat, they are leaked and if anyone is caught distributing them, they will be permanently banned with no chance at returning.

6 Likes

That’s very nice.

So I’ve been looking at some sets and I’ve notice something.

[details=May contain Spoilers]
In the Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon set, it contain a minifig statue wearing the snake armor from Hands of Time; however at the back of the display show off a small serpent display which uses the 2017 snake mold.
I’m unaware what the plat translate or what is the Ultimate Ultimate weapon, but the set may hint that the movie has a cross connection between the main theme.
https://i.imgur.com/rH0dGpe.jpg[/details]

2 Likes

They’re probably just reusing assets that are currently in production this year because it’s a cheap solution.

Or heck, it could just be a cheeky little reference for the fans.

The Bounty has just about every armor/headgear piece from past enemies in it; an Aeroblade, Garmy’s helmet, Vermillion armor, Anacondrai skull, and even the Djinn Blade hilt all made it into the contents:

(I’m not too sure about this one, but it looks pretty much like the Djinn Blade hilt to me, sans axeheads and blade of course)

So yeah; pretty much old villain references, but you can never be too sure

1 Like

Maybe the Time travel plotline in Hands of Time causes a change to the timeline and results in the movieverse. That would mean that the show and movie are technically the same continuity.

~W12~

nah. It does not make much sence how altering the past would cause Ninjago to be alterd into the movieverse timeline which is just about the LEGO toyline, while Ninjago tv show is about a real world. It would be a to extreme alteration which would not make much sence.

More likely is that the refrences to the past years are ither meant as easter eggs in the movie, or more likely meant to be rewriten as being tied to past battles against Lord Garmadon and his army.