Ninjago 2018 General Discussion

I meant I don’t get heated in disagreements over things like this :stuck_out_tongue:

Trying to catch up on Season 9, Mad Max Ninjago much? :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anyone know the name of the song/theme that plays when the ninja are learning to shoot the chain guns? It’s about 7 minutes into episode 91. I noticed that it was also used in Skybound (when Jay was finding ninja replacements) and in the Hands of Time character spots.

I believe it’s called ”Day Jobs”.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m really enjoying Hunted so far!

Idk if anyone has seen Episode 92 yet, but man, that comeuppance at the end is so appropriate it’s almost poetic

3 Likes

Is this even a kid show anymore?! I find myself asking this question more often ever since I watch Hunted. Seriously 3 character gets killed in one episode. This has to be the darkest episode so far. And yes karma is stronger than you would think. If anything, that episode proves it.

2 Likes

I’ve been a fan since the first Cartoon Network T.V Special. While the movie has cool set designs, it lets down the story telling of the T.V show.

1 Like

I haven’t really been on the boards all too much, but I have been keeping up with the latest season, and boy oh boy, it is something worth talking about…
SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 92

[spoiler]- Harumi’s send-off was a highlight of the season for me. Despite the irony and karma, I was seriously touched by her change of heart (not necessarily redemption), and it was a very fitting way to end her character arc.

• I loved Master Wu regaining his memory. It probably could’ve been done better, but I can’t say it didn’t put a massive grin on my face, especially when he turned around with his goatee :laughing:

This episode is in my top 10 for sure!

Also, I ship Wu and Faith :heart_eyes:
[/spoiler]

3 Likes

Well uh, that got dark. SO GOOD!
Edit after 93: Did they have to add Iron Baron’s screaming after he was encased in metal? That may be the most disturbing death in a lego line since the Bionicle G1 days!

2 Likes

Speaking of which, the scene at the end with Wu and Faith had a very strong The Legend Reborn vibe by Wu’s promise to take Faith with him. Just Like Kiina made Mata Nui promise her to take her from Bara Magna. except this time, there was an actual chance to go with him but she stayed behind to rebuild the First Realm

2 Likes

Well,

I have a strange feeling she won’t be gone for long… xD

But Wow
Another Fantastic Episode

[spoiler]- Wu lying to Iron Baron was pretty cool, especially since he was basically lying to the audience as well (Although I’m sure a lot of us worked it out before). It was also very intriguing since you don’t often see a character with as much substance as Wu lying.

• As mentioned earlier, another brutal death scene :astonished: I seriously thought he would just melt out of existence…
  • Dragons! :smiley: Seriously, Firstbourne’s full reveal was mind-blowing! I also loved the scene where the Ninja were riding the dragons, such nostalgia…
  • My one nitpick is that Wu should have hugged Faith at the end… #Faithu :laughing:[/spoiler]

So I thought the finale was pretty good, but I feel like the way Garmadon was defeated was a cop-out. His power had never previously been established to come from fighting, and the way it instantly fizzled out once Lloyd stopped didnt seem right. Mr. E never fought back. RIP. Also they just arrested him? I figured Lloyd would like energy-bend him so that he could be at peace. Other than that though, fantastic episode, with lots of epic moments. Looking forward to season 10!

Edit: Wait, they never addressed if Wu’s going to keep aging, or just stay how he was beforehand. I assume it’s the latter.
Also Dareth is great. Nuff said.

2 Likes

The Season Finale!

[spoiler] It was absolutely amazingly very Epic! Evertyhing worked out so great in the plot: The Dragons VS. Oni Titan,
Wu and Lloyd faces Garmadon together.
Lloyd realizes the way to fight withouth fighting: The art of Silence Fist which his father Sensei Garmadon taught him, and this is what made him to be the winner and I was so glad to see his Green powers return.

And the ending!! That marvelous amazing ending with the FOLD SINGING WEEKEND WHIP!!! The Ships! Jaya, Pixane, Kailor! There were all there! Fireworks with people all around celebrating the victorious ninja While Master Lloyd met with Master Wu and Firstbourne who has to return to her home realm which makes sense. And after Lloyd informed Wu about what his dad told him, it was pretty obvious for me that it was a well excuted hint for Season 10.

Over all it was an absolutely GREAT episode and a AMAZING Season! 10/10! [/spoiler]

5 Likes

@Mesonak You need to read this:
https://twitter.com/brothershageman/status/1030825204774187008

4 Likes

Oh boy…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1063491911527350273

An hour long special is coming to wrap up the current plot.

3 Likes

More info about mister E thanks to the voice actor if Zane.

6 Likes

The video is great and I’m really excited to see what the future will bring for Echo Zane