Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

What a dumb and silly name. I love it.

3 Likes

AH YEAH!

i really wanted that shark mech from the trailer, so glad to hear that it actually will be released as a set.

1 Like

I’m kinda disappointed on this CMF series, about half of the Ninja has reused torso prints and Garmadon is the Batman in the series by having the most amount of variety while wasting slots in the series but they might reuse some boring figures like the guitar dude.

3 Likes

It’s a call back to the trailer where some civilian screamed Garmadon 3 times after his Shark Mech popped out of the water. Pretty sure the set will have that scene reference.

TBH, quite a few of these minifigures seem like filler (looking at you, minifigs already available in sets.) There are some good ones, but nothing too new. That said, I like having more variants of the ninja.

2 Likes

These are…

Kinda boring, actually?

I dunno what I was expecting exactly, maybe some references to previous Ninjago content, or perhaps more theme relevant costumes? I would’ve killed for a few movie style adaptations of important show characters; can you imagine how neat a re-imagined Ronin, Pythor, or even something as simple as a variant of Zane with a Rebooted style damaged face could’ve been?

I’ve wanted a Ninjago based collectables wave for a very long time… Now it’s here, comprised mostly just goofy alternate costumes and mooks.

Ah well, at least now I won’t feel the need to blow a bunch of money collecting them.

2 Likes

I love these new figures.

I get you, they arent as flashy as the Batman figures.

But hey, this means you will save up money for other Ninajgo sets, like that sweet Dragon set and Destiny Bounty. I like that the Movie sets give you a lot of options to get each of the characters at various price ranges.

3 Likes

I think I will only pick up the Mech Dragon set and the City Chase along with two versions of CMF Lloyd and Selfie stick Jay.

So I was just googling mech ideas for some drawing exercises and I stumbled upon Garmadon’s mech in the images section, and I was very blown away by how big it was and how small the real set is.

(from the Ninjago Movie sticker book)

The picture led to a link in the Eurobricks discussion on the Ninjago Movie and when I reached the end, I found that there exists a video of the minifigures, which really perplexed me because I don’t think anyone has access to the Ninjago Movie minifigs, excluding Lloyd (as he is in a polybag). Of course, I’m probably wrong somewhere; I expect to find out that the public has access to these; but even so, I just wanted to show the video that I found on Eurobricks.

5 Likes

Dont forget 12 pack Garmadon.

2 Likes

I’m curious if there will be a set for Cole’s vehicle, as it looks like a set for that would have some serious stability issues.

1 Like

Most likely it will be released after the movie, with the Fish General Woman as well.

https://i.imgur.com/zdX9T55.png

Curse you Denmark, pre-releasing these sets early.

6 Likes

Sigh, if only if it was 449 RSD (or 5 Dollars when you convert it)…But no its Danish Crowns.

1 Like

New Ninjago Video Game Trailer is out! It looks fantastic.

And check out this sweet sweet thumbnail of it.

5 Likes

So glad we’re getting Kai’s hair in the CMF line…phew.

I don’t know… it just looks like another LEGO video game to me.

1 Like

Then how about this?
Individual Movie Posters about Each Ninja, Master Wu, Misako and Garmadon along with their personality descriptions!

"Lloyd, the Green Ninja: As the legendary Green Ninja, Lloyd is a Master Builder and the leader of a secret ninja force protecting Ninjago City from the most notorious villain of all time: Lord Garmadon. Crowds cheer the Green Ninja as a hero, but when he takes off his mask they only see him as Lloyd, the boy unfortunate enough to be Garmadon’s son. It’s hard for him to make friends or get through a day at school because Garmadon ruins everything. Still, Lloyd yearns to have a real relationship with his dad. "

“Lord Garmadon, the Worst Guy: The baddest warlord of all time, Lord Garmadon has glowing red eyes, sharp teeth, horns, and four arms. Has an affinity for sharks. Lord Garmadon can smell fear, but everyone around him can see it because wherever he goes people flee in panic. Impatient, impulsive and completely self-absorbed, he likes to make a point by firing his generals….from a volcano. Though he hasn’t been successful yet, Lord Garmadon never stops trying to take over NINJAGO City. But why? Could it be he needs to reconnect with the son he hardly knows?”

“Master Wu: This wise, all-knowing mentor promises to teach his students to become ninja masters but first they must find their inner peace… or is that piece? He wants them to rely less on their mechs and more on themselves and each other. Wu is Lord Garmadon’s brother, and uncle to Lloyd. He carries a staff he can play like a flute, and a hat that doubles as a flotation device. Years of meditation have not softened this warrior’s edges—or his tongue—and though his students might think he’s “way old,” Wu is still full of surprises.”

“Nya, the Water Ninja: Kai’s sister Nya is focused and confident, competitive and highly motivated. She doesn’t just climb in and out of her mech, she gives each move an aerobatic flair, and when she rides her motorcycle through the halls of NINJAGO High school everybody had better get out of her way. Nya’s role model and she-ro is the famous ninja Lady Iron Dragon.”

“Cole, the Earth Ninja: A ninja who loves to move and groove, Cole is never without his music. He even likes to hear Master Wu play the flute. Cole’s mech has built-in turntables and a powerful sub-woofer, creating waves of intense sound to seriously rock his opponents and blast their mechs into pieces, not to mention shatter the windows of nearby cars and buildings.”

“Jay, the Lightning Ninja: This ninja is a real live wire who zaps his opponents with lightning bolts. Jay comes from a close family so he understands how hard it is for Lloyd to be at odds with his dad. He can be nervous and a little overly cautious, but Jay always comes through on the battlefield. If only things were as easy with his big crush, Nya. Every time he works up the nerve to tell her how he feels, he gets interrupted.”

“Kai, The Fire Ninja: This ninja is fiercely loyal and protective when it comes to his friends, like Lloyd, and his sister, Nya. Outgoing and enthusiastic, he is often ready with a hug. He might lack patience with some of Master Wu’s instructions, like trying to produce a flame by rubbing two sticks together, but Kai really gets fired up when there are bad guys to fight.”

"Zane, the Ice Ninja: Part boy, part Nindroid, this ninja is super cool. Freon literally cools his fuel cells and he shoots down his opponents with an icy blast. Logical and methodical, Zane is guided by his programming and sensors – but don’t call him a robot! Zane is quick to remind everyone that he’s just a normal. "

“Koko, Mom, the former Mrs. Garmadon: Lloyd’s devoted mom Koko is smart, strong and independent. As Lord Garmadon’s ex-wife, she is not afraid to stand up to him – even though he’s twice her size and has twice as many arms. Koko knew “Garm” when he was a young warlord eager to conquer the world. Back then, she thought that was just a figure of speech. Turns out, he meant it. So she took young Lloyd away in the hope of giving him a normal life. But that didn’t work out quite the way she planned.”

8 Likes

i agree. i wish the LEGO games could drop most of the gameplay style that was introduced in LEGO Star Wars the video game and instead do what the old LEGO games did and have some different gameplay for once. I mean most of the LEGO games of today are basicly adventure puzzle games with some levels of combat, but mostly puzzle solving.

ok, that explains the burned up look on the “Great White”

2 Likes