Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

Let’s see.

Elemental Powers: Confirmed!
Nya is being Kai’s sister: Confirmed
Cole’s Mech has sound wave blasters: Confirmed
Jay has a crush on Nya but alway gets interrupted when he wants to tell her: Confirmed
Kai is being fierce impatient and hothead: Confirmed
Zane is being a… Cyborg??? : Confirmed ???
Koko calls Garmadon “Garm” : Confirmed

2 Likes

Well, I’m just a weird. So there!

Someone smack whoever wrote this.
Yeah, I get it’s a pun, but there is a word for a female hero: heroine.

Also: Be green. Not even the movie knows what Lloydo’s element is.

~W12~

5 Likes

Now imagine those posters…but with Bionicle characters instead…sigh this is exactly how a Theatrical Bionicle movie posters would look like.

That promo quote on the poster reminded me of this:

1 Like

those posters look great, and the descriptions are also kinda neat

what

2 Likes

What, never heard of a normal? You are a weird.

3 Likes

Ninja in their everyday outfit

( Picture taken from Ninjago Magazine )

3 Likes

I like how Cole has two new hair molds for both work and casual, Le Lyod has kinda a hoodie hair piece thing as well.

1 Like

Interesting that have been previous ninja.

It is interesting how they used balljoints for the shoulders and hips on the Video game version of the Mech Dragon while it is ratchet joints in the real set. I think this might be one of the early concept idea about the Dragon’s build.

By the way, I would have preferred the balljoints.

3 Likes

Balljoints would be more useful for posability, while ratchets are for stability. Someone should test it out when they get the chance if balljoints would have worked just as fine if replacing the ratchets, since this is a large set and balljoints might not have held it in place that well.

2 Likes

Ball joints would have worked excellent in the set if the gray friction parts were used on each leg as well. (Interestingly it appears that friction joints are used in the hind legs of the video game model, but not on the front legs.)

1 Like

This page confirms what Lloyd’s Elemental Power is in the Movie.

It is indeed Energy

Coughs Let me continue…
“…Zane is guided by his programming and sensors – but don’t call him a robot! Zane is quick to remind everyone that he’s just a normal teenager, even if he doesn’t fully grasp sarcasm and some of his pop culture references are frozen in time.”

Also it comfirms that Cole’s Mech is indeed called the Quake Mech.

1 Like

I can almost imagine Zane at some point having a Captain America moment:

“I understood that reference!”

4 Likes

The Ninjago Movie sets are up on Lego Shop website, so if you want to see some nice high quality images of the sets, go there.

Group shot and individual pictures of the minifigures have been revealed with some information. Apparently, the GPL goes for Garmadon Propulsion Laboratories. And Garmadon really fired out that Shark General from the vulcano. Lloyd is the chosen one.

The series will come out in August 1st.

6 Likes

Kai’s Fire Mech has a strangely well hidden disc shooter recolored in red on the shoulders.

7 Likes

The New Lego Catalog is available online. https://catalogs.lego.com/brandcatalog/2hy2017/ceemea/enmea/

1 Like

given the Exo-Force refrence in the Shadow of Ronin poster on the Ninjago city set, would that mean that in the LEGO movieverse Ronin is then an Exo-Force character?

This would actually work for Ronin’s mech given the Exo-Force refrences on it too:

2 Likes

I might be blind, but I cannot spot it :stuck_out_tongue:. Can you help me?

It’s on the right leg, but you need to look closer.

1 Like

His left, our right.

~W12~

1 Like