Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

Since TLNM is kind of a ‘reboot’, it makes sense for them to have a few changes.

It’s kind of like when they changed Lewa’s secondary from lime to Keetongu orange, in G2.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. It was inevitable that the movie was going to change a lot of things. The decision to change the hair was probably due to the fact that it wouldn’t suit his now-changed personality.

Although on the contrary, I didn’t realise until now that Jay was a red-head. I always thought it was just a weird shade of brown :expressionless:

4 Likes

Jay’s hair is burnt orange, G2 Pohatu’s “brown”.

3 Likes

Found a video where Jackie Chan is talking about some of the choreography:

Also, it seems the CMF page has been updated, giving new descriptions to all the figures. They are very interesting indeed. Especially the Shark Amy characters. I urge you all to check it out.

11 Likes

Trust in Chan Kong-sang to promote LEGO Ninjago.

3 Likes

New TV Spot!

at 0:03 we better get that Narwhal in a set!

9 Likes

So I can burn it for popping the kid’s balloon…

1 Like

So in Artifex’s Ninjago Movie box unboxing, there was a book. In it was this picture below. The figure in the center is what I believe to be the Shark army great white CMF before he was burned.

5 Likes

TV Spot #2

TV Spot #3

Rip Kai’s Mech. I didn’t like it anyway.

6 Likes

They’re at it again with that quirky humor, I see. This Garmadon is one of those characters that I really like based on his reactions alone.

5 Likes

Video “in good quality”.

I’d just like to say how much I just love the hoops we have to jump through to get all the ninja in civilian clothes:
Lloyd-a & Nya -Ninjago city chase
Lloyd-b, Jay, Cole and Zane -CMF -aka partial luck
Kai (+ 2nd Lloyd-a) -Ninjago city -biggest set of the line

GG Lego.

4 Likes

I really wish that set wasn’t the price it is.

1 Like

Yeah but for how many pieces it has, we are lucky it is as “cheap” as it is.

2 Likes

Could try Bricklink for Kai.

Odds are I’ll have to bricklink the cmf I want,
But I’m actually tempted to get Ninjago city if I have the funds.

1 Like

@Payinku agreed. I would definitely buy the city, as long as I get enough money, of course.

Also, today I got an extra Octopus man CMF. Anybody have any ideas on what I could do with it?

Do you have a scene or a display for your sets?

I was planning on swapping the headgear and the face, and just using them as filler.

Edit: Regarding my display, it’s not the most extravagant thing. I pretty much have two 48 x 48 grey baseplates (as well as extra space on the actual table) which I then add a small amount of terrain (relating to the season), and then display the sets around it.
The three major displays I’ve had over time has been:

Tournament of Elements - Jungle, “Enter the Serpent” + Others
Skybound - Rocky Beach, “Lighthouse Siege” + Others
Hands of Time - Swamp, “Dawn of the Iron Doom” + Others (Current)

I probably need to get to work on making one for the movie. Does anyone have any ideas?
I know I’ll be getting the Water Strider, but other than that I have no idea what sets to get.

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen in the trailers, either a jungle or an urban setting seems fitting.

2 Likes

Bamboo forest maybe? It could look quite neat.

4 Likes