Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

I just hope the characters are close enough to their TV-show personalities. I have a lot of faith in the writing, seeing as these are the writers for the show, and Lego media is generally good with that. except chima. chima can go die

1 Like

Spoiler alert.

It already did.

3 Likes

Thinking about it now, the Haegmans have made seemingly silly ideas great. Prominently, I was afraid that Nadakhan would be like Genie from Aladdin and the pirates the yo-ho argh sailors media has made them. But the pirates were a ragtag group of tyranical terrorists and Nadakhan was as deceptive as Chen and as powerful as the Overlord. So, the high school could work.

1 Like

I’m honestly sure this will be fine, maybe even good, because it’s ninjago’s writers, and I’ve enjoyed the show

OH MY GOD A POSITIVE POST

5 Likes

My one hope is that the weekend whip will be the theme for the movie

3 Likes

The recent plot details don’t fill me with enthusiasm, but I’d prefer to wait until the first trailer comes out before forming expectations.

The Lego Batman Movie’s trailer came out recently, so I expect to see Ninjago getting a teaser at the very least by June.

2 Likes

Indeed, probably around the time they wrap up the show.

1 Like

My thoughts on this movie:

4 Likes

I have hope that this may be good…hope being the best word.

I’ll wait till we get a trailer to see what I think.

2 Likes

The cast for the Ninjago Movie has been discovered!

The only one I recognize is Master Wu played by Jackie Chan!

2 Likes

Michael Pena…is playing Kai.
he was the funny mexican dude from Ant-Man

5 Likes

Oh boy, a famous cast. Ninjago is ruined. :frowning:
/s

To be honest, this should be fine. It’s sad that the OG cast couldn’t voice for the film, but this Hollywood-chosen cast might work better. Of course, the show’s cast is much more obscured (if I recall, the only one to get into a Hollywood production was Vincent Tong, and he was in the Ratchet and Clank movie, so no solid bets on a proper film career), and as a result, not involved.

Also, loving the diversity of this cast.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Knock it off, both of you. Chilly, you should know better. You’re a Master.

Don’t make me hand out suspensions to both of you.

2 Likes

Sorry, Cronk.

Well, at least this is concrete evidence of the film’s independence from the TV show. Woo.

The cast seems good, don’t know much about them. But man, the fandom flipped, people have been going crazy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. I thick they should have kept the TV cast though.

Dave Franco? Dave Franco? As Lloyd? This will end well

Who is he?

Why? Sure they are more recognizable as the characters, but this is a theatrical movie, will a full budget, it also takes place in a different universe, the Lego movie universe.

Have you ever seen the Interview?