Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

Nothing exciting, just lock them inside a box under a basement (which is pretty normal tbh).

I also found a few Green Dragon polybags at my local Walmart, which is unusual since it’s a LegoLand exclusive and nowere else to be found (by that, I mean they didn’t appear in my other Walmart stores).

Seems like the budget ran dry during production, considering they could only include cards more likely to be fast food cross-promotion products. The Target Exclusive has a nice holographic cover switching to ninja Lloyd, so that’s somewhat cool I guess.

Still, this speaks low-budget, especially without the exclusive figure. Corporate Lego could’ve even put a Zane head on a training body and called it a day, but apparently that cost a lot of money.

(Also, does anyone else notice that Lego uses the same 3 image forms for each ninja?)

1 Like

Honestly, I’m most interested in replicating the mechs from the movie… buuuuut… there’s very little I can replicate.

That character was HILARIOUS.

I enjoyed the movie. In the show they sorta became superheroes but LEGO was denying it in a sense, but they embraced it for the movie.

Plus sharks. The sharks bump it up to five stars

While the Ninjago City Dock was found awhile ago, some summer sets including the dock have appeared from LEGOLAND Billund.

One HD image show a easteregg that many of us are familiar about:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392415434101620739/438154224917020672/LEGO_70657__Jouets_de_construction1sslkn25_5.jpg

9 Likes

I legitimately only want this set for that “Private Puffer” with his exclusive hat-recolor. Sad.

I’m glad that BIONICLE is still getting references in various LEGO themes.

16 Likes

#Bionicle is one of the 16 realms in Ninjago confirmed!

5 Likes

I wonder if the other map on the wall is a throw back to an old Lego theme.

I think the map on the back wall is a map of the Ninjago Movie’s island. On the right side, you can see symbols representing a city and a volcano, both of which are in the movie.

It‘s always nice to see a Bionicle reference

1 Like

There is another refrence in that image too. Take a look at the book the character is reading.

1 Like

what’s the reference? I don’t get it

1 Like

The squid guy looks vaguely familiar, but I can’t remember where it’s from.

I’m pretty sure he’s a reference to lego Atlantis

Atlantis! That’s awesome. I wonder what the third map is.

but what’s the bionic one?

At the bottom of that poster there’s 3 letters in the Matoran alphabet. They spell N-U-I. So yes, that is certainly a BIONICLE reference.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the island itself is Mata Nui, actually.

1 Like

Ah, I wasn’t the only one that noticed the map.