Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

thebrotherbrick got there early hands on the City Docks set, here is what it looks like when combine with the City plus another Bionicle cameo:

https://i1.wp.com/www.brothers-brick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/70657-Ninjago-City-Docks-42.jpg?resize=1024%2C685&ssl=1
https://i0.wp.com/www.brothers-brick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/70657-Ninjago-City-Docks-43.jpg?resize=1024%2C682&ssl=1

8 Likes

So the MOUP did get released in some form.

I don’t like the height difference between it and the city, but they look great together. This set also seems larger than I anticipated. There’s just a lot more to it than meets the eye.

4 Likes

I’m excited to see the MoUP appear! :smiley: It’s cool that there is a G1 reference, a G2 reference, Junkbot references, Johnny Thunder references, Ultra Agents references, and more in this set! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know what the writing next to the MoUP says? Is that the new Ninjago language? If only it was Okotan…

1 Like

I’m highly sure that it says “Mask of Ultimate Power.”

1 Like

Wow. Two bionicle references in New sets in such a short amount of time? I honestly feel like Lego is trying to say somethig here.

2 Likes

Lego: Sorry we killed Bionicle, here are some crumbs to satisfy you…

/s?

4 Likes

“Here’s some BIONICLE reference on a set from a line much more successful than BIONICLE.”

I think it’s more of a “Sorry for killing Bionicle, but we still remember.” It tells me that Lego recognizes how important Bionicle is, both as a toy line, but to us personally.

Not important enough to advertise or keep it going, though.

There’s a lot of financial and business related reasons as to why they can’t bring Bionicle back. At least not yet. Now yes, I will admit that a very large contribution to G2’s failure was Lego’s lack of complete trust and lack luster advertisement. But this shows that they still care.

So, I just watched the Lego Ninjago Movie for the first time yesterday, and I have a question that I’m hoping someone can answer. What is the collectible minifigure series Garmadon from? I couldn’t really see him anywhere in the movie

Which one? There’s three.

1 Like

This one

Oh, him. Yeah, I don’t think we ever see that one.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if he’s I one of the pictures of him and Wu at the temple

He’s just the standard Garmadon with a different helmet. I think it’s a non-canon design. I’m guessing it was made just as an easy way to get Garmadon, but with some new molds (exclusive at the time staff blade and hat recolor) to entice collectors.

2 Likes

It’s been One year since the Lego Ninjago Movie was released.

Happy Birthday Lego Ninjago Movie!

You still did good. And you gave us magnificent sets.

9 Likes

Amazing sets. Not so amazing movie.

1 Like

Watched it for the first time recently! I actually kind of liked it!

Pogchamp!

2 Likes

This movie makes me unironically actually depressed

for its content, what it did to lego movie 2, and all the bad improv

2 Likes