Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

Nope. Link?

It’s one of those movies that makes you worried you’ll get banned for posting anything about, so I’ll just say he does a bunch of movies for older audiences

OH. Sorry, I thought you were talking about a interview with the cast of the Ninjago movie. Silly me.

But yeah James Franco stars in that

Ahkay.

Anyway…

Jackie chan as Sensei/Master Wu…I don’t think I have seen any movies with him in them, so I dunno what to think. I hear he is a popular actor, and a good one as well. so yay.

i thought they were adults…

Well, we got some new info on the film today.

Unfortunately as has been rumored, the TV show cast will NOT be voicing their characters for the film. What we have is-

Jackie Chan- Wu
Justin Theroux- Garmadon
Dave Franco- Lloyd
Olivia Munn- Koko (NOT Misako)
Fred Armisen- Cole
Abbi Jacobson- Nya
Kumail Nanjiani- Jay
Michael Pena- Kai
Zach Woods- Zane

That’s the cast that has been confirmed. That’s pretty much what we’ve known now for awhile, but hey, it’s nice to finally have it confirmed.

3 Likes

Wait so who’s Misako

The article claims that ‘Koko’ is the mother of Lloyd and wife of Garmadon, which up until now we’ve known as Misako. So either this Koko is a different take on the character or they’ve just changed the name.

1 Like

Well idk why they felt the need to change the name, maybe a completely different character in the same role?

Animation looks great, but the acting doesn’t feel right

5 Likes

Agreed.

Well, Jackie Chan isn’t really known as an ‘actor’. He’s a guy that kicks things and occasionally says some words.

1 Like

He really shines in scenes like this.

As you can see, there is a lot of grunting :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks great!

(now if all the Ninjago fanboys could just cool their jets…)

2 Likes

Which doesn’t fit Wu.

We might see more in…well…THE ACTUAL MOVIE. This is not a clip for the movie or anything, just a neat little skit made to let everyone know “Yeah, this is a thing that is happening” It is way too early to judge.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Sensei Wu is like a janitor at the school? Or a history teacher that starts training them.

A first look at Sensei Wu minifigure:

as a keychain…

3 Likes

I will say it pulls off the robe look really nice.

1 Like