Nintendo Switch

Hahaha, good luck man. It took 5 months after release for me to even get a chance at one, and that was less than a 2-hour time span before they were completely gone.

My point is, if it took me five months of hunting just to get one, with stock only lasting within a two hour time frame during a major release drought month, there just isn’t a chance for you to get one during the time of year when consumers are most likely to get a new console, combined with the release of the first major Mario since Galaxy AND the third installment in a series that started with what many critics claimed to be the best modern open world JRPG of the decade. Like, you might as well shoot for next summer.

1 Like

Actually, the chances of getting a Switch where I am are… Insanely high. nearly every store worth its salt in gaming has several in stock.

1 Like

Where are you exactly? I know it’s easier to get them in Europe, but in the U.S. and Japan, they’re almost non-existent unless you’re lucky to live in a small area with low demand.

U.S.A.

Small town? City? Nintendo has been doing a better job keeping supply up though.

Can’t you just order one online though?

1 Like

That’s how I got mine. Stock lasted two hours.

Mid-sized city. Notable for crime. Tends to get a lot of unwarranted attention.[quote=“Chronicler, post:249, topic:22511, full:true”]
Can’t you just order one online though?
[/quote]

Yeah, you would think that, with the stores over here having some and some to spare, there’d be a lot in online retail. Or maybe not, maybe people instinctively think of Nintendo’s online services when scouting for one.

1 Like

I sent my left joycon to Nintendo for repairs. Today it arrived in the mail. with a second Joycon. So now I have 3 joycons :ok_hand:

3 Likes

This is great.

4 Likes

So I got a Switch and Odyssey, and wow Odyssey is so good! Can’t wait to get Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2 once it comes out

4 Likes

What exactly was the issue with your joycon? My left one occasionally dies during tv mode. I usually play in handheld so it’s not a huge issue, but it bugs me nonetheless.

my joycon had the desync issue and the deadzone of the joystick was broken. The 2 problems together caused me just walking to the left for 2 seconds at random. I fell off of things so many times in Splatoon.

1 Like

yeah thats exactly my problem

how did you go about getting your replacement?

1 Like

Just sent them an email and they sent me a link to a site where I had to fill out some forms. then I got an email that I had to print and paste on the packaging and then I was able to send my joy-con for free to nintendo for repairs.

I doubt the proces for The US will be different.

1 Like

They have my favorite pc game called Cave Story

So the Switch just quietly launched its first video app, Hulu, on the eshop. While I don’t personally use Hulu, this is a good step forward, and hopefully means we’ll be seeing Netflix, YouTube, and Prime video soon enough.

3 Likes

I was surprised when I got my Switch and found out that it doesn’t already have all of those, but yeah I hope we get the others soon.

2 Likes

So, I’m pretty set on picking up the Switch version of DOOM later today. The reviews paint the picture that it goes through slight downgrades needed to make the game perform correctly on the Switch, but still maintains the exact same gameplay and still has the same kind of visual effort (by this I mean that they still made the texturing look good to the best of their ability) that you’d expect from the other console versions.

just want to ask, how are the animations of the demons in game? are they down graded to or are the the exact same?