Nintendo Switch

With more and more import from the Wii U library, it’s nothing more but a Smash 4 machine and very few exclusives.
Announcement/trailers on new games are rather slow atm, but last year was a hefty amount of releases. :seat:

In other news, it’s current the fastest selling console compared to the Wii. :trackball:

1 Like

I personally recommend keeping your eyes open for the next two weeks. Mini Directs tend to be followed by an actual, full-on Nintendo Direct historically. They also always delete an old direct to open up a spot for a new one right before they do one, and as of right now the one they opened up last week is still open (which suggests it wasn’t for the mini direct). It’s very possible that there’s bigger news for the first half of this year coming soon.

That said, I’m super excited for the Dark Souls remaster and some of the other games. Surprisingly, I’m also pretty hyped for the Mario Tennis game, which is rare for me.

Have you played the gba Mario Tennis game, it’s good.

Story mode with actual bosses has me sold on this game. I just wish they’d make a Mario Kart, Mario Party, and SSB with story modes.

Dark Souls remaster got announced a short while ago. One of the consoles getting a port is the Switch! And in other news, Nintendo is setting up shops around the globe for the sole purpose of repairing Switches.

2 Likes

https://labo.nintendo.com/

I am so lost, this is a strange marketing of selling kits of cardboard’s which can adapt toward your Switch system.

3 Likes

It looks super cool for the maker types out there like myself, but I don’t see it being around for very long.

Well according to some people on youtube, you don’t need the cardboard from the Labo packs in order to do this, apparently Nintendo are planning on releasing blueprints on how to make these shapes and release the games separatly.

So if something breaks, you can just get some cardboard from somewhere else and then make a replacement instead of having to buy a new one from Nintendo.

1 Like

Another opportunity lost for LEGO where they could partner with Nintendo. Just image LEGO Technic mixed with Nintendo switch.

3 Likes

That sounds amazing. It’s too bad, truly.

Honestly, my Switch is starting to replace the need for one of my other consoles.

You’d think it to be my Wii, but no, it’s actually starting to replace my PS2. It’s gonna have Crash, and the Megaman X games soon enough. The only other games it needs to replace it completely are the Ape Escape games and the Spyro games.

So…

Smash, anyone??

2 Likes

splatoon 2 dlc anyone

2 Likes

I’m about to say something unforgivable:

All 2D fighting games are basically the same and lack any real compelling reason to play them unless you’re having a party.

Am I wrong? Yeah. Will I accept that? NOPE.

yeah ya got that right s/

I would hesitate to say Smash is identical to other fighting games, but you are essentially correct.

Unless of course, the 2D fighting game has a story mode.

Like Smash.

1 Like

So…Okami HD, Crash, and Megaman anyone?

1 Like

I’m actually really excited about this. I’ve heard tons of great stuff about Okami, and love how Japanese it is.

I’m not personally that excited about it, but I can understand why people are. I might pick it up, but I feel like maybe I should just play it on PS4 for better graphics.

Again, not that personally excited about it. I’ve amazingly never played a Mega Man game, so depending on the quality, this one might be a good place to start.

I’m also excited for Undertale. I’m intrigued to see how they translate it to a Nintendo console.

1 Like

I could understand that last bit if this was DOOM, Skyrim Special Edition, or Dark Souls Remastered, but Crash? I’m not trying to be condescending at all, so don’t misinterpret this, but Crash isn’t exactly a graphical or artistic marvel compared to the other examples. The differences between ports are likely to be minimal compared to other games that are shared between PS4 and Switch due to the simple nature of its artstyle.

That said, I’ve never felt any love for Crash so I probably won’t pick this up anyway. Definitely getting Okami though, it feels right at home on a Nintendo console despite originally coming out on the PS2.

IDK, something just seemed off when I watched the trailer. I think this video shows it off fairly well:

It’s not a huge difference, but it still seems a little bit lesser. Having said that, I’d much rather pay $60 for a game rather than $400 for a console, so if I get it, it probably will be the Switch version.

1 Like