By itself, yes. But I've seen a video (I forget what it was) that detailed the patent information, and it's bonkers.
Some things I remember:
- The NX comes with a peripheral that acts like a portable game device (i.e. a DS) that, when connected to the NX, boosts processing power
- The controller could have an integrated screen and allow for custom touch pad buttons
- No disk drive, cloud based game downloading and saving
- A sleep-like mode where you can offer up your NX's processing power to other local NX's via the cloud to boost their processing, with rewards for how long it is put up on the cloud for others to use
- Daisy-chain capability to, yet again, boost processing power, allowing for linkage of multiple NX's together
That's about all I remember. I can try and find the video again if anyone is skeptical.