Nintendo Switch

my thoughts on this event:

games:
Man am I excited for Mario and Zelda.
Arms looks really cool too.
splatoon 2 this game came out too early imo.
mk8 I will buy this game if there is a upgrade program but otherwise I’m not paying 60 euro for a game that should have had most of the content in the origional.
1 2 switch. meh. I would have prefered a nintendo land 2.

system:
I’m getting a switch day one (if I can still find a place to pre-order one for a non inflated price)
The only service being payed is stupid
Joycons look to be amazing.

presentation:
The first time I liked the conference but looking at it again it wasn’t very good.
there where a lot of un answered questions after the event. And a big part of the event had the Wii vibe all over it which is not something nintendo needs. also Rip translators.

also I don’t really get why the pro controller is 80 dollar/euro.

1 Like

If you mean specs, they’re on the site.[quote=“Darknova3529, post:143, topic:22511”]
also I don’t really get why the pro controller is 80 dollar/euro.
[/quote]

Because money.
I mean the cutting edge technology!
I mean money.

1 Like

A bit of both. Honestly, I prefer a slightly pricey controller to a cheap one with the same quality plastic and engineering a cheapo TV remote has. It’s one of the few things I’m willing to pay more money than I probably should on.

And Nintendo know this.

1 Like

I had an amazing dream.

Circa June 2018

New trailer for Super Smash Bros Deluxe Edition!

Featuring returning favorites such as:

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Snake

And newcomers:

Inkling
Shovel Knight
Spring Man (ARMS)
Rex (Xenoblade 2)

All DLC from the Wii U and 3ds editions is included

New stages:

Barnacle Sports Club
The Plains(Shovel Knight)
ARMS Boxing Stadium
New Donk City
Studiopolis(Sonic Mania)

Coming Spring 2019 for Nintendo Switch!

I wish

Controversial opinion, I’d rather raiden if we got mg represented in smash again.

Though I get the feeling your line up is probably fairly close to what smash switch will probably be.

so have this been posted before?

this is apparently the comfirmed, complete game list of all the games that are going to come to switch this year:

it originates from here.
https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/826164933087920130

You know, at launch the switches lineup will be weak, but by December it’ll have a great lineup of games. I get the feeling the switch will be like the 3ds where it started slow but exploded once it had a good lineup.

Though botw and afterbirth+ will definitely move some stock out of the gate.

3 Likes

Sadly, I doubt this’ll happen.
Why?
Konami.

Its primarily initial sales of the system which will determine if we get more games made for it. All the TBA games are either in production or likely to be on the switch if its popular enough.

While it is a nice list, i’ve decided to do an experiment and remove every game that is released over a month prior to the Switch. I found a majority to be from the early 2000’s and the 1980’s/1990’s - not even remakes, just ports.

I’ve decided to ignore the TBA’s for now and i’m unsure of the one with japanese text*

lol

4 Likes

Has anyone else heard that the online is apparently somewhere between 20 and 30$ per year. Despite the fact that I’d obviously prefer free online, I think that this is priced aggressively enough to be successful, and I’m pleased with it.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl6boJClenk&t=0s

Also Xenoblade Chronicles 2 HYPE!!! I still have to finish the original though…

You probably won’t need to finish Xenoblade 1 to follow Xenoblade 2, the first one is fairly self-contained.

Yeah I’ve heard that, but I’ve also heard theories about connections, however loose they may be. Also I’m almost done, so I want to finish it anyway. (On a side note I feel that some elements of Xenoblade Chronicles are quite similar to Bionicle)

wAIT WHAT–

Good.

It’s relatively cheap, but this is a business model I’d rather not support. Nonetheless, I like my online, so I guess I have to accept it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s kinda how I feel although in comparison to Sony and Microsoft at $60, it’s good.

2 Likes

That fact that it’s around 20-30 bucks per YEAR is fantastic. Now whether the server maintenance and responsiveness is good is the question.

3 Likes

This. This has me sold on the system. I was considering passing on it until a major price drop and good releases, but this has turned my attitude toward the system around. That, and I really, really can’t do without playing the new Zelda.

1 Like

Today is the Day

I don’t own a Nintendo Switch at the moment and launch date is ridiculous!
I check town to town and I see none of them in sight because their sold out, only thing remains are some accessory, controllers, and Switch boxes for display.

1 Like

I have the money necessary for a Switch. I have the physical copy of Breath of the Wild for the Switch. So, tell me: why is it that every big and small city around me, even the small hick towns that I checked in absolute desparity because people like that are less likely to buy a gaming machine, sold out of every Switch console they had in just six hours or less, leaving me with lovely box art and emptiness in my heart?

Nintendo said there wouldn’t be shortages this time. I guess this means the console is a solid success, since I could still buy a Wii U on its launch day the night after, but man this is unfortunate from a simple minded consumer perspective. I’d at least like gas money reimbursement. :confused:

2 Likes